2011 NFL Draft

What's with New Yorkers? Even the chant towards Goodell ("We want Football... clap, clap, clap, clap, clap") was to the tune of "Let's go Yankess... clap, clap, clap, clap, clap".

That CHANT belongs to the yankees ????

It's used all over all the time, didn't know it belonged to someone .... :rolleyes:

Raiders selects who they wanted...Center Stefen Wisniewski ...6-3, 313 lbs. I wanted Ryan Mallet and s-l-o-w-l-y groom him to be our starter in about 3 years. :-(

At THIS point, Mallet is very skittish as far as I'm concerned....
Yes he may end up being very good, but currently , when I watch him and he has any pressure on him, he panics.

It's one thing to play well against the teams they should beat easily, it's quite another when he has to make a play to win a game or continue a drive.

F*&%ING Patriots took Ryan Mallet as the 10th pick in the 3rd round...and to me, an absolute STEAL!!!! Damn you Patriots!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:;););)
I agree. As a third round pick, he is a steal.

Talent wise, he was at the top of the class of QBs this year. He had issues, but most of them could be overcome by good coaching. Shocked he lasted until the third.

At THIS point, Mallet is very skittish as far as I'm concerned....
Yes he may end up being very good, but currently , when I watch him and he has any pressure on him, he panics.

It's one thing to play well against the teams they should beat easily, it's quite another when he has to make a play to win a game or continue a drive.

I disagree. What cause him to drop was his supposed "off field issues". Talent wise, supposedly he as good if not better than most of the QBs in the draft.

I disagree. What cause him to drop was his supposed "off field issues". Talent wise, supposedly he as good if not better than most of the QBs in the draft.

Oh, I agree he has talent.

However, after watching him in BIG games, I don't want him.

Youn can be glad he didn't go to the Raiders.
Ever watch him when he has PRESSURE on him ?

Footwork is terrible and throws picks, and THATS in COLLEGE, wait till he gets to the Pros where your receivers are actually covered.

Raiders should have went up in the 1st round and took a QB if they wanted one ....
They took the SAFE route with a Center ... however, according to the ratings scale I saw, he was the lowest rated guy takes in round 2, thats kinda confusing.

Last edited:
HD MM said:
There isn't a better environment to groom Mallett than in NE. He's in good hands and should benefit from it greatly.

Yep. It is at complete win-win for both player and team. The player will learn from one of the best coaching systems in the NFL under the wing of one of the best QBs of all time. A nice set-up for the Pats because they won't pay alot of $$$ for a mid-third rounder and he either gets it and becomes the their 2nd coming of Drew Bledsoe, trade him for a good draft pick like they did with Cassell....or cut him with no heavy burden on the cap.

Damn I hate the Pats....! ;-)

Me too. He's far more mobile than Jamarcus.

He is, and bust, probably not, but he is not worthy of a number one pick, IMO.

He is good, and was great in college, but he has issues that will present themselves in the pros.
He will be solid. I dont think he will be a bust, but I dont think he will be great either.

Me too. He's far more mobile than Jamarcus.
Russell was fairly mobile back in the day, before adding the lbs in the NFL...

t1_russell.jpg
medium_jrussell.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)