2011 NFL Draft

I was listening to someone on the NFL Channel and it made sense, they said Cam will be a bust and Gabbert will make it, stating that if Cam goes # 1 he goes to a poor team that plays against other GREAT QB's in the division, Peyton, Brees for 4 games a year, playing in a difficult division will hurt him.
While Gabbert going to Arizona or San Fran would do much better as the teams in the division are not nearly as good.

Remember, MUCH of the Star vs Bust is determined by where you go and what you can do with it when you get there.

Good point.

I just didn't like his attitude when I saw him on that ESPN/Grudden QB special. He seemed real stuck up and didn't respect authority. He also doesn't seem very bright. He said the offense run by Auburn was super simple and seemed overwhelmed when Grudden called out a typical NFL play that was 10 words long.

I don't know about newton, for number one overall
There was a lot of discussion on Mike&Mike this morning about this.

In a normal, non-labor disagreement year, the free-agent/trade QB market would have already occurred so some of the teams that are thinking of taking Newton (and other QBs) high on the board may have already acquired a veteran. Without this player movement, a lot of teams' draft priorities, thus where some of these players get selected, could be affected...

Yea without the possibility of draft day trades, it does take some zing out, but I will still be watching!

Reading that the NFL is telling teams to temporary restore operations while they appeal the lock out, so might we see trades for the draft

Reading that the NFL is telling teams to temporary restore operations while they appeal the lock out, so might we see trades for the draft

No. No trades involving players.

@Adam_Schefter Bottom line: No free-agent signings during draft, no player trades during draft, only pick trades during draft. Free agency could start Mon. 13 minutes ago

Wow, Atl traded up to Cleveland's pick at #6. The Browns receive Atlanta's 27th, 59th and 124th picks this year & 1st and 4th round picks next year!!! :eek:

Wow, Atl traded up to Cleveland's pick at #6. The Browns receive Atlanta's 27th, 59th and 124th picks this year & 1st and 4th round picks next year!!! :eek:

HUGE coup by the Browns! And utter stupidity by the Falcons giving up TWO #1s in two straight years. To me, they are saying that they think they are a AT LEAST a NFC championship contender for the next 3 years. And I don't think they are that good ....YET.

HUGE coup by the Browns! And utter stupidity by the Falcons giving up TWO #1s in two straight years. To me, they are saying that they think they are a AT LEAST a NFC championship contender for the next 3 years. And I don't think they are that good ....YET.

On the other hand, the Browns NEED a Big Time WR to help with Colt McCoy, it would have been a GREAT pick for the Browns, Now well have to see who they get in the 1st round.

Love the pick as well, though yes some DB'S are needed but look at the front four

Look at the difference between Mayhew and that other goof they had running things for a decade of demise ....
At least Mayhew has a clue ...

Sad thing is, Mayhew was there at the same time, that other guy apparently wouldn't listen to him.

Yeah, I think ATL got the best WR in the draft (he will be an absolute beast), but thats alot to give up to get him.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that's how you build a team! Stockpile those picks! Brilliant move by Heckert/Holmgren!!! WOW!

It's also worth mentioning that if we go by the trade value chart, the Falcons would have to finish with the best record in the NFL for the trade to break even. Anything less is tilted in the Browns favor.

Lol! And did you see the "highlights" of Julio Jones after Atlanta took him? The one with all his drops?! Lol! Dude has butter fingers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)