Battery dead dsr-920

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wildbill47

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
northern California
I acquired a battery dead 4DTV receiver and decided it would be good toy for testing maps. Now the interesting thing is the ZK channels are not working like DMX etc but music choice fixed key is ? and the guide is working ? On my DSR-4200 just the opposite for a new unit not activated. looks like I will get some value from this receiver.

Bill,

The MC channels at 125° are not FP, they are some weird incarnation of ZK. You will probably never see them listed as ZK at the bottom of the Diag B screen on any receiver (4DTV or commercial). But they have to be zero key because the Genpix can get them (which obviously has no CA capabilities).

For whatever reason, it does seem that most 920s with a corrupt UID and the proper maps can still get those channels at 125°. But the ZK DMX music channels at 105° usually are a no go. You'll probably notice that if you are tuned to a DMX channel with that 920, that you can get audio from time to time. It will usually only last for a few seconds. And you will probably need to be going in and out of various menus to even get that much noise.

In any event, both MC and DMX are ZK. But they definitely are NOT the same flavor of ZK.

Have fun experimenting with MM and that corrupt 920. Besides my valid 922, I also have a corrupt 920. And it's nice to be able to use it with MM without any real fears of tragedy.

Cheers

I have no interest in using receiver for subscribing just an extra receiver for testing and a dish mover. It was good news when Music Choice worked. I have a DSR-4200v that just went bad and used it for MC so installed a 4200c in its place. The interesting thing in the commercial receivers will receive ZK and DMX ok but not MC unauthorized. The 920 works just the opposite. I am wondering if the MM can clone one receiver to a battery dead unit just for the purpose of receiving ZK channels. Noticed my 3 920 receivers all have the same 6D firmware. Anony55 the results that you posted are the same as I have had on the DB 920.
You are correct we can play with no chance of loss. What I have learned is the BS about dead battery 4DTV receiver being a door stop. The exciting part is using 4DTV as a dish mover and I have a openbox X5 hd connected. Lots of DVB Hd feeds in the free.

MC channels on 125 are now on and in MS. Anony55 try your battery dead receiver and let stay on as my receiver said looking for a signal and came on. Now it is working on start up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts