Battlestar Galactica Blu-Ray where are you?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
Just finished watching season 1 on HD-DVD. Wow, I had forgotten so much, it was fantastic. Now I want the next seasons... I do not expect them in HD-DVD, so really want them in BD...

Having HD-DVD die is a drag on series. I have a season of smallville on HD-DVD and one on BD... Now I will end up with 1 BSG on HD-DVD and 2 on BD... They need a trade in program or something... 50% off if you already have it on HD-DVD and want to trade it in for BD. I now want to unify my collections.

I really hope BSG continues on HD disc's... I am archiving on both Dish and Direct first season and have many of season 3 on HDD from both providers, but it is easier on a disc set...(while not even a BD fan, s**t happens and I hope the series is archived and This and SG1 might bring me to the blu side)

Does Universal HD run anything beyond the first season? I recently got hooked watching this renting the HD-DVDs from blockbuster and don't want to have to watch season 2 on dvd.

Does Universal HD run anything beyond the first season? I recently got hooked watching this renting the HD-DVDs from blockbuster and don't want to have to watch season 2 on dvd.

Nope, they only released the first season in HD, rest in standard def DVD,

Hopefully we'll see a concerted effort to release BSG on Blu come the finale of the series...

And we'll likewise hope that the packaging and compression issues get resolved/tweaked when it sees re-release. BSG is/could be a flagship for TV-on-HD-disc, real demo material.

Just watched season 2 and was the first one to get season 3 from netflix released on 3/18 and I must say that watchin it on my HD-A3 upconverted it looked great. Due to the large amount of added grain while filming I didn't notice a great deal of difference between HD and upconverted DVD, but it was a difference. Heads up season 4 starts 4/4/08

Hopefully we'll see a concerted effort to release BSG on Blu come the finale of the series...
Are you saying this is the last season?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)