Battlestar Galactica Blu-Ray where are you?

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
Just finished watching season 1 on HD-DVD. Wow, I had forgotten so much, it was fantastic. Now I want the next seasons... I do not expect them in HD-DVD, so really want them in BD...

Having HD-DVD die is a drag on series. I have a season of smallville on HD-DVD and one on BD... Now I will end up with 1 BSG on HD-DVD and 2 on BD... They need a trade in program or something... 50% off if you already have it on HD-DVD and want to trade it in for BD. I now want to unify my collections.

I really hope BSG continues on HD disc's... I am archiving on both Dish and Direct first season and have many of season 3 on HDD from both providers, but it is easier on a disc set...(while not even a BD fan, s**t happens and I hope the series is archived and This and SG1 might bring me to the blu side)

Does Universal HD run anything beyond the first season? I recently got hooked watching this renting the HD-DVDs from blockbuster and don't want to have to watch season 2 on dvd.

Does Universal HD run anything beyond the first season? I recently got hooked watching this renting the HD-DVDs from blockbuster and don't want to have to watch season 2 on dvd.

Nope, they only released the first season in HD, rest in standard def DVD,

Hopefully we'll see a concerted effort to release BSG on Blu come the finale of the series...

And we'll likewise hope that the packaging and compression issues get resolved/tweaked when it sees re-release. BSG is/could be a flagship for TV-on-HD-disc, real demo material.

Just watched season 2 and was the first one to get season 3 from netflix released on 3/18 and I must say that watchin it on my HD-A3 upconverted it looked great. Due to the large amount of added grain while filming I didn't notice a great deal of difference between HD and upconverted DVD, but it was a difference. Heads up season 4 starts 4/4/08

Hopefully we'll see a concerted effort to release BSG on Blu come the finale of the series...
Are you saying this is the last season?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)