Battlestar Galactica (Season 2) 1/6/06 on SciFi & on Universal HD! 1/1/06

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Even though it will not be in HD on SciFi, this series will be in HD on Universal. Right now Universal HD will be showing the last three episodes (which are really interested to watch to prepare for season 2). There will be a Universal and Scifi Marathon for anyone that missed Season 1. The Universal Marathon will be on 7/9 and 7/10 in HD! Scifi will start their marathon on 7/6 @ 10pm ET and will continue on 7/15 before the Premiere of Season 2.

Sneak Peak of Season Two:

July 1, 2005:
Get a sneak peek at Season Two of Battlestar Galactica by attending any PG13- or R-rated movie at a Regal Cinemas theater, as part of the pre-movie presentation The Twenty.

June 17, 2005:
SCIFI.COM takes you behind the scenes of Battlestar Galactica's second season with executive producer David Eick's Video Blog

March 15, 2005:
The March 20 issue of TV Guide featured Battlestar Galactica on its cover and "The Ultimate Guide" to the show inside.

There's also Ron Moore's Blog and a bulletin Board on Scifi.com with all sort of spoilers (I think)

****Any Sneak Peak SPOILER for season 2 please, use the Spoiler Tags. ***

We are going to use this thread to discuss the second season on Scifi.com and also use it once the second season moves to Universal HD.

Yes, it will be in HD!

8/7pm Saturday, July 9
Battlestar Galactica
Special NBC broadcast includes sneak peek at the new season of Battlestar Galactica premiering on SciFi Channel. Broadcast in HD. TV14

These are the episodes that NBC (local) will air on 7/9 in HD!

8:00 PM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA THE HAND OF GOD

As its fuel supply dwindles, the fleet must seek out a new supply of tylium ore or risk becoming sitting ducks to any Cylon attack. A recon patrol finds an asteroid full of the fuel, but there's a catch — the Cylons have found it first and established a heavily guarded refining plant.

Kara devises a plan: Jump three decoy ships near the asteroid; when the Cylons attack, destroy their bases, leaving them stranded in space. It's a bold tactic, but it will take luck, skill and daring to pull it off.

Meanwhile, President Roslin begins to hallucinate as a result of the Chamalla she's taking to combat her breast cancer. When she consults Elosha, a priestess who has used Chamalla to induce visions, she learns that her circumstances fulfill a 3,600-year-old prophecy.

On Cylon-occupied Caprica, Sharon and Helo's flight from the Cylon overseers suddenly becomes more complicated when Sharon discovers she's pregnant.

9:00 PM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA KOBOL'S LAST GLEAMING, Parts I & II

While flying a supply patrol, Crashdown and Sharon Valerii discover a bountiful planet that can support human life. Indeed, it might be Kobol, the legendary "home of the gods." The discovery prompts Commander Adama to send a ground team to investigate; it also gives new life to President Roslin's belief that she is a tool of destiny and that this discovery, like her rapidly spreading cancer, is part of an ancient prophecy.

However, things are not well on the Galactica. Gaius Baltar, the new vice-president, has a one-night stand with Kara Thrace and finds himself at odds with both Lee Adama and a deeply jealous Number Six.

Meanwhile, both Cylon Sharons struggle with their dual natures. On Galactica, she contemplates suicide when she realizes her programming will lead her to betray her comrades; on Caprica, she tries to convince Helo that her love for him is stronger than her loyalty to the Cylons.

After a Raptor carrying Vice-President Baltar is shot down over Kobol, Commander Adama must find a way to destroy the Cylon basestar that guards the planet before he can send a rescue team. He orders Kara to fly a dangerous mission against the basestar, using the captured Cylon Raider — but Kara makes an unauthorized Jump home to Caprica instead, abandoning Adama and the stranded Raptor crew.

II

When Commander Adama learns that Kara disobeyed orders and Jumped to Caprica on orders from President Roslin, he demands the president's resignation, with the implied threat of a military coup. Roslin refuses his demand and sparks a confrontation.

As civil war simmers in the fleet, the conflict on Caprica heats up. Kara completes her mission for Laura: She finds the Arrow of Apollo that, according to prophecy, will lead the fleet to Earth. No sooner does she pick it up, however, than she is thrust into a battle to the death with Number Six.

Meanwhile, Adama sends Sharon and Racetrack in a Raptor equipped with a Cylon transponder, to fire a nuclear warhead that will destroy the basestar. But when the missile release jams, Sharon lands the Raptor deep inside the basestar, to deliver the warhead manually.

Once outside her ship, however, Sharon is greeted by dozens of Sharon avatars, all Cylons like her, welcoming her home. She retreats, but is told that she and her fellow Cylons will meet again. She and Racetrack escape the basestar, which explodes.

Mission accomplished, Sharon returns home to the Galactica. She warmly accepts Commander Adama's thanks and praise for a job well done — then she coldly shoots him, point-blank, in the chest.

That is correct...

Battlestar Galactica Marathon starts @ 10:00pm ET On Universal HD tonight!

uhd_battlestar_galactica_marathon.jpg

Some spoilers for Season 2

"Season one really ends at episode seven [of season two]," series creator Ronald D. Moore says. "Adama's been shot; we have people stranded on the planet Kobol; Kara's back on Caprica; Laura's in jail.

"Adama does not get back on his feet again for several episodes. It's touch and go with him for a while. (First Officer) Tigh's in command. He gets them out of a tight situation in the first episode, but Tigh's not really the guy you want in command of the fleet. He makes some bad choices, and things go from bad to worse.

"Divisions form in the fleet. Laura gets out of jail and leads an insurgency; the fleet is split into two groups. Kara, back on Caprica, encounters a resistance movement. There are a lot of things happening."

Source

Sure would like to get the Season 1 premiere on HDTivo. Ive got the rest of the episodes. IS that what NBC ran last night?

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHTS:

Season 2 Premieres: "Scattered" @ 10pm ET on Scifi

scifi_battlestargalactica.jpg

I just re-watched the last episode of season 1 and can't wait for tonight's Premiere of season 2. watching this again Starbuck realized at Caprica's museum what a big mistake she made by coming back to Caprica after she saw Sharon's clone. Those shots to Adama were very close and I am not sure anyone would survive them and it was two of them. Cylons are strange. They are willing to sacrifice everything and even their own to accomplish their own long goal. When Sharon met the clones of herself, you wonder why she was not reported and they let the entire base be destroyed. I guess the long term mission asked for this. It seems that in the sylons race there will be two or possibly three distinct races developing. One is the machine. The other are the clones that are with the machines like sylons and the last one are the clones that believe that they are human and will be the new children of 'God'. These are very dangerous ideas and which ever group comes out will not look after the human race. Also, Dr. Baltar will have to decide who he is going to make alliance -- the new race (out of the clones) or the humans. Remember that the Sharon clone on Caprica is also pregnant and it is hard to tell whether she is working with 'Number Six' or she is working alone. She also carries the new 'children' and it is hard to tell which way she would go. Helo is taking pity on her which could be a good thing and she may help the humans later on.

I can only say WOW!!! What an episode? There is so much happening and it is so exciting. Now cylons are on Galactica for next week.... Starbuck spent too much time discussing the philosophical issues with Helo about Caprica-Sharon. Thus, she loses the ship but I doubt they all three would have fit in it. Nevertheless she did not a great job in losing the only way back home that she had. I thought the cylons only had laser weapons. The ones firing back to the chief were firing with guns. So who are they? They were never shown. Why?. Questions, questions and more questions. This show rocks!!!!

If you want to you may check the director's commentary on the first Episode of the second season. The commentaries are designed in 4 parts and lets you know when commercials are coming. It is very cool feature. I read only 1 out of 4 and it gives you some insight into the episode. If you haven't watched the episode, it is a spoiler.

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/downloads/podcast/

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHTS:

Season 2: "Valley of Darkness" @ 10pm ET on Scifi

scifi_battlestargalactica.jpg

Valley of Darkness This episode is what I will call Chaos... The crew face one of their biggest thread when Galactica was aborted by the Cyclons. These Cyclons have no mercy and exterminated quite a sample of the crew. The (former) president's assistant almost got everyone killed by his clumsiness. Never give a real gun to a child... give it to a Man.

Meanwhile on Caprica the action is slow... Helo and StarBuck were mostly featured on this episode. Talking a lot of nonsense that did not pertain to the problems at hand. Kind of a waste. Helo has not asked the question WTF she was doing back on Caprica. She still carries the "Arrow" which started this entire chaos to the crew of Galactica. Remember she was the one who refused to go on that mission to blow up the Cyclon starship and instead when out on a limb to get the arrow on Caprica based on nonsensical religious prophecies. I think by her gestures (physical on this episode) she is now re-thinking the whole deal with the arrow. In the meantime, I have to ask where was Caprica-Sharon. Why was she left alone? I would assume that if you have someone from the other enemy front with you and she is friendly to you, you would try to tap on the bastly amount of information that she may have about the Cyclons. I do not understand Helo and Starbuck. By now I would have questioned Caprica-Sharon a get more information including how to get out of Caprica. She is the best source of information on how to get out of the planet and return to Galactica.

In Kobol, Chief learns the hard lesson. In trying to save the live of his fellow soldier, he lost his other friend when they went to get the aid kit. But now that they are back he finds out that it is too late and that his fellow soldier is dying and it will be better to put him to sleep rather than suffering an agonizing death. It is hard to understand that these people are military personnel. In a war, you do not risk the lives of people when you know the possibilities of getting caught by the enemy (at least on the movies I have seen). I have never been in the military but what do you think about the chief decision of going back for that aid kit? was it the best decision?

Dr. Baltar.. I wish someone will kill him and be done with him. He is just such an egocentric person. All he thinks about his saving his own skin at the expense of everyone else. The child by Six might be a fantasy, an illusion on his brain. Caprica-Sharon may be carrying the only Cylon-Human DNA child. Waiting to see the next episode...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)