Battlestar Galactica (Season 2) 1/6/06 on SciFi & on Universal HD! 1/1/06

Just finished episode 2...
Damn this is fracking ...
Intense... just keeps getting better... and they might need the First aid supplys down the road, but not worth the loss... plus what about Galactica Sharon during the power outage...Can't wait for the Hd version...

check the director's commentary... It shares a lot of light of what's going on... There are some stuff which never were released or were cut in the editing but the past events are mentioned and we wouldn't know what happened. For example, when the Cyclons are on Board Galactica, Tigh (sp?) knows righ away where they are heading... How does he knows that they were going to "ATF Damage Control". He said that he has seen something like this before (I thought he dreamed this, IMO). In the Second Episode, it was not explained how he knew this and the director commentary makes it more clear that during editing the story how he knew, was cut from the episode.
It seems like Tigh and Adama were in a similar ship before as pilots and the Cyclons destroyed the ship by using the same tatics.
I usually record the episode and watch it on Friday Night and then listen to the director's commentary while watching the same episode muted. Give it a try... It makes the episode even more enjoyable.

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHTS:

Season 2: "Fragged" @ 10pm ET on Scifi

scifi_battlestargalactica.jpg

I agree. Tigh is way out of his league but his trying to deal with very intense and tough situations the best way he can. When a president jeopardizes a military mission based on religious beliefs and everyone seems to be hoping that her religious beliefs are the way of salvation, I will act as well the way he is acting. The president is responsible for the chaos that they are in. Adama was shot because of her and everything that has occurred since then are all consequences of her action -- convincing Starbuck to abort mission and disobeyed a direct order from the Commander of Galactica.

The situation with Apollo is also interested... This is a guy who deserves to be court martial. His action are not the minimal. He started a mutiny by siding with Laura something which has regretted and gave her the shoulder in the last episode. Because they are short in man power, he is able to leave prison and resume his command but he is a very dangerous man in Tigh's mind. He sided with Laura more than once and he should not be trusted in high level decisions. All these are questions that Adama will have to deal with once he gets well. Tigh is in a very tough spot.

About Dr. Baltar being the "Instrument of God"... the more I get into his character, the more I learned to despise him. Here is a guy whose basic training as a scientist will tell him that all this ballony about prophesies and beliefs should be disregard in no time. Not only has he concealed the thread of cyclons on Galactica, he is being manipulated by six. She has her own plan and will do anything for her ideas to come to fruitition.

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHTS:

Season 2: "Resistance" @ 10pm ET on Scifi

dfergie said:
Whoa... just keeps getting better...

This is not getting better... This is the best series I have seen in such a long time. Apollo made a decision that he may regret his entire military career. I do not think he deserves to come back to the military even if he is adama's son. He messed up twice and disobeyed every military code there is. He has created a mutiny and now he lighted the sparks of a possible civil war. A war between the military and religious fanatics (what is new in the human history). Also, the problem of Galactica-Sharon, now that she is dead her contiouness will be downloaded to the closest cyclone (if there is one around) and could give the location of the fleet. Is Starbuck now going to give it up once again to that guy? She is becoming the prostitute of Battlestar Galactica (even more so than "six"). 8 more clyclones in the Fleet that G-Sharon told. There could have been such much information that they could have gotten from her but someone had to be stupid enough to shot her.

I watched it last week. Adama is back! and he is not very happy about the self-proclaimed messiah (the President). 23 ships left with the Messiah to Kobol and it looks like Adama is going back to Kobol to get them back! You see how strong Religion can be and and we have seen in our days the same self-proclaimed messiahs taking down with them a bunch of brainwatched followers. I see Adama's point of why going back for them. They are, in fact, committing suicide. They have no military support and we know Kobol is filled with cyclons. Kara (starbuck) looks like she is going to be able to deliver the famous "Arrow of Apollo" to Kobol. Caprica-Sharon is leading the way. I wonder a few episodes before where she was and why Karen and Helo left her in the planet. She was the only way that they could have gotten a spacecraft which prove to be the case. Karen was implanted something by the human-cyclons. This will be interested to see what it is.

It will be interested to see how Adama resolves the messiah problem that he has on his hands. I think Laura has to die in order for him to get control back of the fleet. Either she will die from her disease or she will die in a different way. Maybe Adama orders her killed.

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHTS:

Season 2: "Home Part 1" @ 10pm ET on Scifi

Home Part 1 I watched this episode on the weekend. This series has not let their arms down for a bad episode since season 2 started. This was another. Let me say that starbuck has become the whore of BSG. First we saw her with Apollo's brother. Then came Dr. Baltak (sp?). After this was one of the rebels in Caprica (recently in season 2) and now it looks like the next on the list (he has always been on the list) will be Apollo (Lee). By the time the series is over she would have slept with the entire fleet. :D On a more serious note, I did not understand and I still don't understand why the heck everytime a human-cylon is caught the military makes no effort to interrogate them and get questions. The president (self-proclaimed prophet) wanted to get rid of Caprica-Sharon as soon she boarded the so called resistance-fleet. Instead of using her for information first thought is to get rid of her. No wonder the ciclones want to get rid of all humans. Now you have an interested situation developing. It seems like there are a few who disagree with the President about her religious adventure (self-proclaimed prophet). The chief priest is now gone. I guess she was one of the ones to fall on Kobol according to the prophecy :rolleyes: Gee... if I had heard that prophecy and knowing that there were cyclones in the planet, I could have fortold with 95% certainty that, indeed, some would be killed. It does not take a genius to figure out that one. :rolleyes: This brings me to cylons. If the tomb of Athenas (sp?) was so important why haven't the cylons secured the planet (Kobol) and get the tomb themselves. Could they have already secured what's important? Remember C-Sharon stated that they knew about the prophecies and knew everything of what was going on. There are also 8 more human-cylons aboard Galactica. We know that Thigh's wife is one of them. Who could be the other 7?

In the meantime, Adama struggles with the fact that 1/3 of the fleet believed in "this religious crap" (according to him). The morale of G-fleet seems down and he decides that it is better for the entire fleet to get back together. Will this re-marriage work? He will have to deal with Roslyn (the ex-president), his own son mutiny attempt (twice), and Starbuck disobeying orders from Adama which created this problem (Apollo reminded her about what she did and how the domino's have fallen since her decision). It will be interested to see how all these people are dealt with in a military environment. Maybe some of them will die. Roslyn is destined to die and there will not be any problems but Apollo and Starbuck will need to be dealt with.

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHTS:

Season 2: "Home Part 2" @ 10pm ET on Scifi

Home Part 2 This episode is about reconciliation between lots of people but I do not know if these people will turn their back to Adama later on. Six revealed once again that she wants the humans eliminated and Dr. Baltak seems to be in the plan to help her do it. What did Sharon revealed to Adama about the Why? Sharon has lots of information that can help them defeat the cylons. She is cylon but she will help the humans, I think. This is getting interested now that they have a map to earth. But you would think that the cylons already know about it. Also, sharon revealed that the cylons are not interconnected all the time. I want to see how much Adama is going to trust her from now on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)