Battlestar Galactica -- Season 4

At least you have the advantage of three time zones for the repeat. I've got to wake up in the morning for my son's Cub Scout Pack and the local Pinewood Derby at 10am. Good thing there's a Starbucks (connecting BSG back to the topic) on the way...

The just showed Baltar wasting ammo on the old-school Centurion in the hallway. Then, when the boarding party comes by with Hera, it's no where to be seen. Oops...

Can't wait to read Bear McCreary's blog article on this one, the music was awesome as usual.

I don't know if I buy the whole "throw all the technology away and become one with the savages" angle but otherwise for me it's
a very satisfying end to the journey.

One more thing, how long has this production actually been finished?
I mean, that Japanese female robot thing on display at the end, wasn't it just last week that was in the news?

Again, wow. I will be watching this a few more times to soak up the details.

WOW ,they definitely threw alot at you in this final episode didn't they ? Our heads are still spinning !
So they landed 150,000 years before the present.I guess they really were the fore fathers of the Egyptians,Mayans and the Taltecs (-10 for spelling) like they said in the opening of the 1970s B.G. series ! I will definitely have to re watch this again to soak up everything !! :confused: I think it was a pretty good ending.Yes what to do on Friday nights now ?

And another thing...
During one of the flashbacks with Adama being interviewed for the desk job. Why did they ask him if he was a Cylon? I thought that the humans were oblivious to skin jobs until after the attacks. Oops.

Polygraph testers often ask really bizarre questions both before and during the test just to make sure everything is working correctly. One of the first setup questions the subjects are asked about is their name. They are not asked to see if someone is lying because identity is not in doubt. Its just to see if the machine is calibrated correctly and to provide a baseline. Things like stress and nervousness can throw off a test and yes it can show that someone is lying about their name. If so then this is the time to calm the person. However, IF in fact identity is in question and part of the reason for the test then that issue is not used for this purpose.

Q: Does your neighbor have a Lexus?
Q: Did you steal it?
Q: Is your mother Joan of Arc?
Q: Did you slash its tires?

etc.

So they landed 150,000 years before the present.I guess they really were the fore fathers of the Egyptians,Mayans and the Taltecs (-10 for spelling) like they said in the opening of the 1970s B.G. series !

It also explains where Jimi Hendrix got his music inspiration from. Makes you wonder whether or not there are any other BSG or Cylon related things in his other songs. :D

Ok so Gaius's 6 in his head was not in his head but an angel appearing to him to help guide him. I wonder if Caprica 6 was seeing Gaius. Kara is an angel (at least since she came back), it is pretty wild when she just disappears. I guess Gaius and Caprica angels are still roaming the earth.

I thought it was interesting during the preview voiceover of the movie about the cylons Adama says "and they do not have a plan..."

Guessing you haven't seen all the episodes, 'Head Gaius' was indeed appearing to Caprica on occasion when she drifted from her goals and needed to be pointed in the right direction. Gaius was just so all over the place morally that he needed a lot more encouragement so we saw his interactions with 'Head Six' much more often. What I gleaned from a RDM Q&A is that they are simply in the service of a higher power (or just 'another' power) and that you could question their status as angels too, since they certainly made our characters do some not very nice things.

FWIW, a long time ago I had read about the Mormon connection with the original BSG - Glen Larson was (is, I assume still) LDS. And there are numerous web pages out there that document the similarities with many things in Mormon teaching. Kobol/Kolob, 12 tribes, lost tribe, etc...

anyways, when I was describing the ending of the series to my wife this morning (who did not know the show; and did not know about the mormon connection with the original story), and I explained how the remainders of humanity found a planet that was pre-industrial, and how they decided to split up and pretty much seed the planet; teaching the "cavemen" language, and etc.... --- well, she immediately said that sounds like something out of mormonism. (the wife has a master's in theology, and has been intrigued by different belief systems).

And I realized, she was right. In some ways the end of the series goes full circle to much of the original show's theology.

And I will admit, I like the idea of BSG taking place in the long-distant past (150,000 years ago), and the idea that the survivors of humanity spread out across the globe, and obviously influencing earth's development.

Too many good things to comment on and man, talk about ripping your heart out when Bill said goodbye to Lee and Kara! That part got to me more than Roslyn actually dying.

Kara *poofing* was pretty weird...don't know what she was and not knowing was okay with me. I can deal with that mystery.

It was a bittersweet, but satisfying ending.

One question: 150k years later...who the heck are Caprica and Gaius? Were they cylons? Did they somehow rebuild rez tech? Who were they? That really has me puzzled. I've rewatched that end scene twice and am still confused. Anyone else confused, or am I just plain missing something there?

Otherwise, it was an ending I could enjoy...but will sure miss this show...

I would have liked a bit more to explain Kara, but her disappearing, and head Baltar and six jumping through time, suggest to me that all three are super-natural/angels/god, something....

As I write, I am re-watching, and am at the crucial scene...

BALTAR: "I see angels, angels in this very room. ... there is another force at work here, there always has been, its undeniable, we have all experienced it, everyone in this room has witnessed events that they can't fathom, let alone explain away by rational means, puzzles deciphered in prophecy, dreams given to a chosen few, our loved ones - dead. Risen. Whether we want to call that god or Gods or some sublime inspiration, or a divine force we cannot know or undstand, it does not matter, it doesn't matter, it is here, it exists, and our two destinies are entwined in its force.... "

CAVILL: "If that were true, and that's a big if, How do I know this force has our best interest in mind. How do you know that God is on your side?"

BALTAR: "I don't. God is not on any one side. God is a force of nature, beyond good and evil, good and evil created earth; you want to break the cycle... break the cycle of birth, death, rebirth, destruction, escape, death... and that's in our hands, and our hands only... it requires a leap of faith, it requires that we live in hope, not fear."

wow, some serious stuff. I too can't wait for the BD of the entire series, and just want to watch it all over again, from start to finish as a result of the ending.

Less weighty stuff...

Doc:"their DNA is compatible with ours..."

Baltar:"meaning we can breed with them..."

Old Man: "You've got a one track mind doc."

Baltar: "I'm talking about the survival of the human race, not some get-together with the natives."

Old Man: "You also have no sense of humor."

"How is that possible, human beings naturally evolved on a planet one million light years away... the odds against that are....

Baltar: astronomical yeah, one might even say there was a divine hand at work."

Battlestar Galactica: Watched The Finale? Still Got Questions? We’ve Got Answers!

Earlier this week in New York, Battlestar Galactica’s co-creators David Eick and Ron Moore, along with cast members Mary McDonnell (President Roslin) and Edward James Olmos (Admiral Adama), sat down with the press for a Q&A session following a screening of the last episode.

Source & More: Discover Magazine.com

Stargate Universe

2019 Hallmark Christmas Movies Guide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)