BB@ Home disc By Mail Ending September 19th

I hardly used it at all. I called them to confirm that they were dropping it. Tgey offered me hbo and max 1\2 off. I didn't accept that yet but she put it in the notes. Personally I think the extra channels are probably worth the $10 so I really don't see the need to complain. I have no blockbuster close. So that service not as good as it could have been.

Funny thing for me is...I dropped the BB@Home some time back when they moved Velocity out of the package. Since then, I have not been charged for it and the channels were correctly turned off...but I keep getting discs in the mail from my old queue. Sent back the third one since I cancelled over the weekend, and just received an email that yet another was on its way to me! :haha

From highdefforum.com:
DISH-MIKE.H said:
pmjones,

I do understand you’re not happy about the Blockbuster @ Home disc option being removed. We are moving away from discs to focus on the 15 movie channels, 6 entertainment channels and expanding On-Demand and streaming options offered by Blockbuster @ Home. I will provide you our link explaining in more detail: http://www.mydish.com/upgrades/block...T.svl=left-nav

Thanks

if they do expand their on-demand content i'd be happy with that.

Yeah I would rather see them Move the HD Channels that are in with Blockbuster now put like in a HD extra pack like they use to charge maybe $5 instead of $10.
The HD Extra package is a DIRECTV thing; $5 for nine HD channels.

DVDs are so 20th Century. Why did Charlie Ergen buy Blockbuster in the first place? And did it lose Dish a lot of money in the process?

I will miss new releases thru dvd...if they could somehow let us stream the new releases on the hopper that would be great...but I doubt that would ever happen

I wonder if this mail operation was ever profitable or just a case of waiting out more contacts a la the blockbuster building leases.

Also wonder how much it impacts the remaining profitable Blockbusters as one source of traffic (trade ins) is eliminated.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

if they do expand their on-demand content i'd be happy with that.

Well, they DID say "....and expanding On-Demand and streaming options...."

We'll see. Do you think they'll do that "soon?" ;)

<sigh>

DVDs are so 20th Century. Why did Charlie Ergen buy Blockbuster in the first place? And did it lose Dish a lot of money in the process?

There's posts here somewhere explaining it, but I forget the details. Basically, he got what he wanted for a dollar, and the stores, discs and other facilities were just gravy. Yes, he came out ahead, even if shutting down everything left.

Strange redbox has a streaming service on roku. It is only $8.00 month which includes 3 DVD from the redbox kiosk

They stream alot of movies from epix I may drop blockbuster and go with redbox, it seems to be a better deal.

What is folks experience with this service?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if this mail operation was ever profitable or just a case of waiting out more contacts a la the blockbuster building leases.

Also wonder how much it impacts the remaining profitable Blockbusters as one source of traffic (trade ins) is eliminated.

southpark.jpg

Strange redbox has a streaming service on roku. It is only $8.00 month which includes 3 DVD from the redbox kiosk

They stream alot of movies from epix I may drop blockbuster and go with redbox, it seems to be a better deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redbox streaming is a new service. They don't have a lot of streaming titles yet, nothing like Netflix.....

4 DVDs, for the record.

I do not know. I have not tried Redbox Instant.

For whatever it is worth, CNet did a review a month ago:

http://reviews.cnet.com/software/redbox-instant-ios/4505-3513_7-35823293.html

Redbox streaming is a new service. They don't have a lot of streaming titles yet, nothing like Netflix.....

Searching for SG-1 and Stargate yields zip point squat at Redbox. And Netflix doesn't even seem to allow searching/browsing without an account. I, for one, would be really reluctant to sign up for something, even a free trial, without knowing if they carried what I was interested in- Stargates, British comedies, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts