BBC Radio 1 Being Removed from SIRIUS/XM

You are correct Steve. The amount of ads on the XM controlled stations was six mins. an hour. They had them on the 80's channel I listened to. They all seemed to be Onstar ads. I think I would take the ads back if I could get the old 80's channel back. (without mtv VJ's and with a larger playlist.)

You are correct Steve. The amount of ads on the XM controlled stations was six mins. an hour. They had them on the 80's channel I listened to. They all seemed to be Onstar ads. I think I would take the ads back if I could get the old 80's channel back. (without mtv VJ's and with a larger playlist.)

I agree the old 80's channel was great I use to listen to it for hours and hear many great songs now the cruddy version we have now I can't even keep it on for 15 minutes without hearing burnout from the same 20 songs.

All the complaints about the programming on SIRIUS XM and how people liked the old channels better... why dosen't the Sirus XM Management listen and do something?

The programming changes and channel lineup changes were another reason I canceled a radio this morning. My kids listen to hits 1 and 20 on 20 (channel 3) when we are all in the car together. I can't listen to either one for more than an hour without hearing the same Katy Perry songs repeated over and over.

I am personally down to listening to the Virus on my commute to work and NHL when in season and the Rangers are on. I scan a handful of other channels but don't listen to any for more than a song or two.

I liked the old Mix 22 from Clear Channel. Much better variety than all of the other Sirius XM stations and it was jockless! But sadly Clear Channel dropped it for a simulcast of Z100 New York. :(

I agree the old 80's channel was great I use to listen to it for hours and hear many great songs now the cruddy version we have now I can't even keep it on for 15 minutes without hearing burnout from the same 20 songs.

I feel the same with the 70's channel. Repeat burnout and more DJ chatter now. Who is this "Magic Matt" every dang morning. Now we got some guy with dance hits chatter Fri/Sat nights. And do they know that artists do make more than one dang song?! All I ever hear from Neil Diamond & Barry Manilow are Cracklin' Rose & Copacabana.

However, as a former Sirius sub, I do enjoy getting the old Top 40 countdowns with Casey Kasem. I used to listen to that when I was a kid back then. I'm a grandfathered Sirius lifetime sub so I guess I'll have 'em as long as the sats are orbiting and transmitting. I wish they would improve their act as they seem to have dropped since the merger.

I'm glad I dropped Sirius when I got my smartphone. It seems they have really gone downhill. There a ton better options via Internet radio now.

BBC Radio 1 was never live on Sirius, it was delayed 5 hours to the EST time. So if they had a program on at 5pm GMT it would be on at 5pm est. Thats why I listen online or use Wunder radio on the iphone.

funny I remember XM having commercials ( for a bit) and Sirius running DJ free but I do agree with the rest of your comments
Of the classic rock stations I listened to, Top Tracks and Big Tracks, along with Boneyard, they had no DJs. Top Tracks and Big Tracks were replaced by the much smaller library of of Sirius's Classic Vinyl and Classic Rewind which have always had DJ's.

I'm pretty sure XM had commercials on all their music channels until sometime in late 2003, they only did away with them to compete with Sirius who had commercial free music channels since its inception
Since I had XM, no commercials on the stations I listened to and no DJs. During that same time my parents had Sirius and they had DJs on the comparable stations

Is anyone using an Internet radio receiver such as CCrane etc. How good is it and is it a simple installation using wireless.

Is anyone using an Internet radio receiver such as CCrane etc. How good is it and is it a simple installation using wireless.
Actually I'm using an Onkyo TX-NR808 ... its a 7.2 AV Receiver. The Internet Radio portion of it is done through vTuner, it also has a connection with Rhapsody, Sirius, Mediafly, Napster, Slacker, and Pandora.

With vTuner I setup a few stations that are truly the greatest in their own ways .. RadioParadise.com BlueMars.org vTuner already had much of DigitallyImported.com on there but I had to add one or two of them ... and vTuner is free (pandora & slacker operate like their online counterparts so much for "free" but ads and or time limits take hold)

Also ... in lieu of Sirius or XM in a car... if you're in really good cell coverage ... 96 to 128 data feeds are usually pretty good. We use to do that when driving up I81 a lot ... we'd plug the phone into a plug-in FM modulator ... play whatever internet radio we wanted through the phone in stereo and into the fm modulator to the car radio.. You already have the smart phone and most "free" data plans don't get killed by people using internet radio over it (of course we are *not* the type to do movies through the phone either)

You know whats sad... when your listening to XM in the car from your phone and the sound quality is BETTER then what you get from the Satellite Service!

I am thinking of canceling my receiver and doing the phone only. The problem is, I still have to pay for the on-line service and I don't get many of the channels I listen to, such as the baseball play by play channels (which is fine because I get it through the At Bat APP), and America's Talk for Leo Leporte. Plus you run into many dead areas without 3G coverage

You know whats sad... when your listening to XM in the car from your phone and the sound quality is BETTER then what you get from the Satellite Service!

Blame the Federal Censorship Corporation!

Satellite radio is more than capable of some pretty good sound quality. My old Sony A/V Receiver had XM built in and could do Neural 5.1 decoding. While I would never normally listen to Fine Tuning or XM Pops, those two channels sounded incredible and could rival Dolby 5.1. Too bad XM never expanded their XMHD stuff. Even if you had hardware that wasn’t able of doing Neural, due to the amount of bandwidth these channels were given, they were still at least CD quality and much better then FM radio.

I don’t put the blame of the sound quality issues on XM, Sirius or now Sirius XM. Yes, bandwidth is wasted and used inefficiently, but I put the blunt of the blame on the FCC. Those commies never wanted satellite radio to exist. They wanted to protect their terrestrial buddies and the NAB. So they intentionally limited the amount of bandwidth they licensed for SDARS use. And to add insult to injury XM needed to seek investment from those asshats at Clear Channel so the FCC won in two ways. Not only did they limit SDARS bandwidth to restrict sound quality, but now, while all terrestrial radio is evil, the most evil of them all has a presence in the spectrum. The FCC didn’t want satellite radio to exist, and despite all the hurtles faced they launched and did pretty well, and now the FCC has to do everything in their power to see it brought down so the freedom is speech over the airwaves is restricted like they want it to be.

I have Sirius built into my new home theater receiver and listen to that, I also have Shoutcast built in, and both my TV and blu ray player do Pandora and Slacker. In my personal car I have my old XM Roady XT hooked up and at work I stream Sirius XM and Pandora. To hell with all terrestrial broadcasters! To hell with the FCC! To hell with them all, may they all burn and rot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts