BBC World News TV Channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I agree, Roku for news is very good. I do get most all the news I'm looking for beyond the US channels from EuroNews on Dish, along with the broadcasts throughout the day of Al Jezeera, NHK, TVJapan, and Deutsche welle etc.... But having Roku does give added sources.

Here is how it looks:

View attachment 68405

There are so many news channels that dish or directv refuse to carry, its all been said before, AJE, BBCW, NHKW, CNNI, GloboNews, CBCnews and others. In the case of some of them they are either not available for sale at all or are not FTA like CNNI, not KU band like NHKW, Not available in N. Amer. They are missing a market here they could charge $10-$12 a month if they could just provide a package of 5-10 of the most requested SD world news channels. But instead they ignore all this in favor of the 3 mouth pieces CNN, MSNBC, FOXnews. Oh yeah and of course CCTV English and CCTV Spanish which is paying for placement just like the shopping channels. Thanks for nothing but the news according to dish network.

One good thing about the OTA multi-plex is that KCET, Los Angeles does air MegaHertz World at 28.4 and MgWorld airs just about all the foreign news programs you've listed including RTV and France 24 . . . you name it. While they are the 30 minutes newscasts, not the 24/7 services, it is still a great offering. In fact, I just noticed that the Orange County public TV stations has started airing some of the same newscasts, which they had not before. Hmm. Was this working at KCET and now KOCE feels obliged to do so to? After all, they have The News Hour and Travis Smiley. Ha, ha.

Again, it is pretty sad when it seems the most popular programs that have loyal followings are NOT offered by PBS, but by American Public Television, and APT keeps getting better and more diverse as they also provide Roger Ebert & the movies. Just about everything I've seen and liked on public TV has, to may surprise ended with the APT logo (they finally have a new video logo that replaces that OLD awful one APT had. Now it looks classy). Buh-bye, PBS.

I found out today something that I never knew: That Cablevision, a provider in tri-state NYC metro area, already carries BBC World News:

BBC AMERICA LAUNCHES ON CABLEVISION THIS WEEK | Press Releases | BBC America Press
"Cablevision Systems Corp. (NYSE: CVC) today announced the addition of BBC AMERICA to iO TV digital cable on channel 101. The network is launching in some markets today and will be available in standard and high definition across Cablevision’s entire service area by Thursday, August 25. As part of the company’s agreement to launch BBC AMERICA, Cablevision has also extended its carriage agreement for BBC World News, currently found on iO TV’s channel 104."

Now if we could just get it here on E*. I've been looking at it & Al Jazerra over the net during recent days of the Libyan's freedom struggles. US news outlets have just barely been covering it. Both BBC World News & Al Jazerra were covering it heavily.

I wish DISH would carry BBC World News too. But what I did to get real news is I set up another dish 36" and scanned for 97W a true freebird. I got in about 500 channels 98% are either in foreign languages or are religious, however, I get Aljezeera English, RT (Russia Today-english), and Press TV (Iran-english). These are all tons better than CNN and cover the world as well as the USA. Really good documentaries sometimes and interviews and commentaries.

Truth is I have DISH but I watch my 97W about 40% of the time.

Ack, the BBC World "Livestation" iPhone app I *cough* obtained is not iOS5 compatible. Back to the drawing board.

admittedly hypocritical justification of my actions: I would gladly pay instead of *cough* obtaining it, if it were available in the US which it isn't.

I wish DISH would carry BBC World News too. But what I did to get real news is I set up another dish 36" and scanned for 97W a true freebird. I got in about 500 channels 98% are either in foreign languages or are religious, however, I get Aljezeera English, RT (Russia Today-english), and Press TV (Iran-english). These are all tons better than CNN and cover the world as well as the USA. Really good documentaries sometimes and interviews and commentaries.

Truth is I have DISH but I watch my 97W about 40% of the time.
Press TV might be endangered if things continue escalating. It's already been banned in the UK. The US gubbmint might at some point put pressure on whoever owns 97W to drop the channel.

(off topic: wow, I just noticed how annoying it can be for multiple Pepper avatars to be on the screen at the same time)

Ill take bbc world news but ill pass on al jazeera english is sugar coating how the arabic version and all they do is talk bad about usa :)

gpollock87 said:
no one should have said anything if it isn't true

People were stating their hopes and opinions on what it should/would be.

Not a single person said Dish is going to add XYZ channel next week. Meaning it was never presented as a rumor or verified fact.

There was a comment about someone potentially being made happy in December. But who that referred to and what channel it reference was not specified.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

People were stating their hopes and opinions on what it should/would be.

Not a single person said Dish is going to add XYZ channel next week. Meaning it was never presented as a rumor or verified fact.

There was a comment about someone potentially being made happy in December. But who that referred to and what channel it reference was not specified.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

lol. whose gonna be happy scott?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)