BBMP ON 922

To be honest with BBMP on the 922 it seemed to me that they plan on doing it, but it also seemed there was no big rush on it and instead all efforts are going into Hopper and Joey.

Not what some people want to hear I am sure, but its my feelings on whats going on.

It seems to me that the BBMP on a DVR is not much more than having ability to watch the streamed content of the extra package of channels that come with BBMP, something that can be accomplished with just setting some timers to record them. And it also seems to me that the BBMP certainly does not give the content of the original Blockbuster Online, nor does it allow one to login to the original Blockbuster Online if they happen to have that preloaded on a DVD player. So really... not as big a deal as what some might think. Are these thoughts also your impression?

Well let's think about this. They'll no doubt want to keep the Hopper programming team intact for the first 2 or 3 months or more, to quickly fix any problems. During that time, some percentage of ViP922 owners will upgrade. If that percentage is high enough, it would make no sense to put any more effort into the ViP922.

Maybe they'll look into some apps to expand Hopper usefulness faster than originally planned.

To be honest with BBMP on the 922 it seemed to me that they plan on doing it, but it also seemed there was no big rush on it and instead all efforts are going into Hopper and Joey.

Not what some people want to hear I am sure, but its my feelings on whats going on.
As I read through this thread, I could remember the threads and comments about the 922 a while back.... Sorry for digging this one up Scott:
Personal Note from Scott
The Dish Network ViP922 Slingloaded DVR... it's could be one of the most amazing satellite receivers ever produced. The 922 is the start of merging Satellite and The Internet together in one easy to use box.

I personally have never been so excited by any other satellite receiver in my life.
:p :p

I'm hoping that once the development team gets a break from 100% Hopper/Joey work, that they will be able to easily back port parts of the Hopper UI to the 922. Take the parts of the UI code that the 922 can support (like BBMP). If the Hopper is running the same OS as the 922 on basically similar (but much faster and more feature rich) hardware, it might not be too big of a project.

I watch the video with Scott asking if the 922 would support BBMP, Dish's rep said yes but the body language said No to maybe.....he defiantly looked uncomfortable with Scott's question, or so it looked to me.
I suspect Dish will eventually get the software figured out, when is another question.

I do not think the 922 will see anymore updates as this is a dead unit.

I hope dish will allow current 922 owners to upgrade to hopper at no cost since i think the monthly fess for this unit will start at $20.00 per month.

I tried to open a new account tonight, wanted and asked for the 922, they said nope..Unavailable.I said well then so is my business. Guess I'll waitt until the new stuff is out. Reason they gave me was they are updating software with blockbuster. Lame considering that is just a software upgrade.

I think you're greatly overestimating the value of having a 922, that or underestimating the disappointment. The best thing that could possibly happen when trying to get dish service would be the unavailability of the 922 and its empty promises...

I think the reasonable thing for DISH to do is to replace the 922s with the hoppers /joey system and just do away with all the 922s period. And they should do it for FREE. The entire 922 has been one big FLOP.
What you said makes scenes but I don't believe Dish will ever do you right thing.:eek:
At least not on a total recall basics, maybe on a case by case.
I hope I'm wrong.
PS. Any one know why spell check is so slow?:confused:

What you said makes scenes but I don't believe Dish will ever do you right thing.:eek:
At least not on a total recall basics, maybe on a case by case.
I hope I'm wrong.
PS. Any one know why spell check is so slow?:confused:

If you wait long enough they will eventually offer an upgrade to a new class of receiver. If you holler long enough and to the right people in the upper echelon of DISH , I'm sure they can work out something for those who have suffered through the 922 and are still stuck with one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts