BC/Vil HD GAme

Status
Please reply by conversation.
FlyingJ said:
You don't get anything OTA ??

I can get NBC, and thats it..Tower is about 1.5 miles form my house..

CBS does HD OTA at low power from 45 miles away..Very, very difficult signal to pick up..

ABC and FOX dont do HD period in my area..

FlyingJ said:
You stated that they are unwatchable. If it is so bad why don't you just watch in SD? And yes you are complaining, like you have been for over a year with the exact same answer everytime "just use the ignore feature". You really are a misersable little troll.

As a paying customer I dont feel I have have the right to complain...

I do still have the right to state the obvious facts though..

As far as watching in SD, no reason for that when I get CBSHD via Charter Cable and its perfect with no multicasting and full bandwith..

Last edited:
guffy1 said:
Its not an MPEG-4 problem...Its a Directv every single HD channel features constant pixelation problem, MPEG2 or MPEG4..

Even the 720p MPEG2 channels pixelate like crazy on D*...

All these CBSHD games on D* have been completely unwatchable, IMO..

And I know, something must be wrong with my equipment...LOL

Thats why I see constant pixelation on every Directv setup Ive ever seen..An install problem, yep :D

Well, I am only having this problem on the MPEG4 Channel 2 ( here in NY) I am not seeing this problem on channel 80 which as you know is the same station. This it what lead me to think it may be an MPEG4 issue. However after being on the phone with Tech Support they told me that The NY HD locals are on the 103 bird in MPEG4 and also (this is according to them) on the 101 being sent out in MPEG2 and MPEG4 at the same time. And if you have an H20 and the AT-9 the MPEG4 signal automatically overrides the MPEG2 signal. So therefore I am watching an MPEG4 signal on channel 80. This now leads me to believe that the problem is with the 103 bird and I'm guessing it's transponder #7 as that is the poorest of the signals I am receiving. While I found all that they were telling me very interesting. It doesn't solve the problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

unsure about hd equipment

Question about Direct TV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)