BC/Vil HD GAme

Status
Please reply by conversation.

billybill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
Anyone else having horrible reception on the HD broadcast of BC/Villanova?

i didn't even think is was on hd. really bad pixelization. it looked better on my standard tivo, then on my h20 receiver.

Guys I reallly think this a case by case thing. I had the problem too here in NY. I checked all my signal levels and found CBS MPEG4 to be in the 50s., I just re-peaked my dish and have it in the low 70's now. The PQ has improved big time.

Last edited:
Maybe it was just a New York thing. All my signal levels were in the 90s and there was frequent pixelation.

Well, I thought I had the problem solved. It turns out that I don't. As soon as CBS went with an HD program (the game) it was back. OTA and Channel 80 have no such issue. Maybe it's an MPEG4 issue of some kind. Is anyone else watching via MPEG4 elsewhere having the same problem?

I have the same problem, pixelization and artifacts, with the WCBS-2 HD feed from the 103 satellite.

I upgraded to the H20 + AT9 5LNB dish about a month ago, and the NBC-4, Fox-5 and ABC-7 in HD are appear slightly BETTER than the original HD feeds (82, 88 and 86).

The CBS-2 HD feed looks like CRAP compared to CBS HD on Channel 80.

My H20 shows the following signal strengths for the 103:

Transponder Signal-Strength
6 97
7 77
14 92
15 88

Anybody know which transponder CBS-2 HD is on? I suspect it might be the one with the lowest signal strength, but it would seem that with a digital signal there shouldn't be any difference in PQ with a signal in the 70's vs. the 90's.

D* customer service was no help at all, they told me the HD CBS is only on channel 80, channel 2 is SD only. When I pointed out that I have 2 channel 2's (SD +HD) they thought I must be talking about the west-coast feed!

DCfC said:
I have the same problem, pixelization and artifacts, with the WCBS-2 HD feed from the 103 satellite.

I upgraded to the H20 + AT9 5LNB dish about a month ago, and the NBC-4, Fox-5 and ABC-7 in HD are appear slightly BETTER than the original HD feeds (82, 88 and 86).

The CBS-2 HD feed looks like CRAP compared to CBS HD on Channel 80.

My H20 shows the following signal strengths for the 103:

Transponder Signal-Strength
6 97
7 77
14 92
15 88

Anybody know which transponder CBS-2 HD is on? I suspect it might be the one with the lowest signal strength, but it would seem that with a digital signal there shouldn't be any difference in PQ with a signal in the 70's vs. the 90's.

D* customer service was no help at all, they told me the HD CBS is only on channel 80, channel 2 is SD only. When I pointed out that I have 2 channel 2's (SD +HD) they thought I must be talking about the west-coast feed!

Your right about the CSR's not having a clue to this.I just went thorough the same thing with them. I told them to patch me over to level 2 tech support. After being on hold for quiet a while I spoke with someone that seems to get it. He told me that they have no other records of this problem yet. No wonder if you can't get passed the CSRs. Anyway he said something is definitely wrong and that there should not be this problem at my signal levels. We tried to force the firmware upgrade again (just in case it didn't take the first time) That didn't help and I have to call them back again to let them know. In the mean time he was going to let engineering know of what I had reported. So I think we all would be better served by calling tech support and reporting what's going on here. If they get more reports they will act quicker to fix it I think.

i'm just off the phone with them again. They tell me that if they get 5 reports of the problem they act on it. The direct number for tech support is 1-800-695-9251
The pin# for the next 5 days is 1559

Its not an MPEG-4 problem...Its a Directv every single HD channel features constant pixelation problem, MPEG2 or MPEG4..

Even the 720p MPEG2 channels pixelate like crazy on D*...

All these CBSHD games on D* have been completely unwatchable, IMO..

And I know, something must be wrong with my equipment...LOL

Thats why I see constant pixelation on every Directv setup Ive ever seen..An install problem, yep :D

Last edited:
Ummmm...not on mine. So Guffy, you think that everyone that has D* HD has constant pixelation problems? Everyone? You are nuts, stop subscibing, period.
There are choices out there. Get dish. As a matter of fact, everyone that has D* could have E*. So go get it and stop being ridiculous.

Oh and while I am at it, I checked back and see that you have been saying the exact same thing since March of 2005, LMAO. It is like you are being forced to watch it. What a joke. 12 months of the same complaint yet you still give them your money. Your an idiot.

FlyingJ said:
Oh and while I am at it, I checked back and see that you have been saying the exact same thing since March of 2005, LMAO. It is like you are being forced to watch it. What a joke. 12 months of the same complaint yet you still give them your money. Your an idiot.

Whether or not I am being forced to sub to D* is totally irrelevent (And of course, slap you in the face obviously, I am not being forced to do anything)...What a ridiculous argument...

Are you trying to say that if I cancel my D* they will suddenly gain bandwith that they dont have and stop constantly pixelating?..LOL

Your argument has no merit whatsoever :confused:

Have a nice day though :D

FlyingJ said:
Ummmm...not on mine. So Guffy, you think that everyone that has D* HD has constant pixelation problems? Everyone? You are nuts, stop subscibing, period.
There are choices out there. Get dish. As a matter of fact, everyone that has D* could have E*. So go get it and stop being ridiculous.

Im not looking for a choice...

Im not even complaining about it, just stating the facts..

If you dont like it use the ignore feature.. As opposed to getting your female genitalia all up in a bunch :)

And P.S. If you know of another option for me to get FOXHDLite and ABCHDLite than please, by all means, lets hear it..My zip code is 49684..

Ill be waiting to hear about my options :)

Last edited:
You stated that they are unwatchable. If it is so bad why don't you just watch in SD? And yes you are complaining, like you have been for over a year with the exact same answer everytime "just use the ignore feature". You really are a misersable little troll.

I have watched both ch. 709 and 710 since the start of the tourney, and on no game did I experience any PQ degredation. No freezing, no pixelizing, no nothing. I watched the entire BC - Vil game and it was perfect all the way.

Beavis said:
I have watched both ch. 709 and 710 since the start of the tourney, and on no game did I experience any PQ degredation. No freezing, no pixelizing, no nothing. I watched the entire BC - Vil game and it was perfect all the way.

I could only dream of being pleased so easily..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)