been thinking

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You asked what the programming deficit is. I explained. If you need more specifics, here you go. YES is the Yankees network, one of the most popular teams in the world. They are located in one of the largest cities in the world. Dish doesn't carry them, so Dish is losing millions of potential customers by not carrying YES. Do you understand now?
They carry it on slingtv.........

Well, you have special reason, one that will not apply to others.

That’s true.

One thing I should mention when I left Dish I had a household of 722’s I was paying $17 Each and was limited to 6.

With Directv just the receiver fees and the number of receivers allowed on an account alone keep me as a customer (even though I have an employee complementary account)

I never had an issue with the channel selection on dish. I could care less for Sunday Ticket as I never watch it.

Reactions: navychop
You keep posting in the faint hope that someone is going to toss you a crumb on this.
1. there are no signs DirecTV will develop a stand-alone 4K DVR. Why would they want to? Their product direction is client server (HS27 etc), to accommodate sat and future IP solutions. Hopefully there will be more timers in the future.
2. "No-one" uses PIP, at least the number is probably too small to be meaningful

For most of DirecTV's customer base, there's nothing wrong with the HS17. Many of the issues posted are not HS17 problems per se, but the growing pains of 4K and in particular HDMI/HDCP. Go back in time and look at the year after HDMI first appeared. Hardly anything seemed to work correctly,

I don’t ever see a stand alone DVR. However allowing multiple genies would be nice.

No need for pip. I have had this for years and never used it.

You are right the HS17 will work fine for most customers.

I just don’t like the fact there is no screen to set it up.

They should have put a small lcd screen on it to assist in setup.

My neighbor got dish a month ago. He doesn’t watch a lot of tv but I got a chance to play with the hopper 3 on New Years and well good luck to you lol

Reputation is that DTV has more sports coverage, Dish more movies.

As to channel lineups, that’s a moving target. You’d have to compare current lists from each at equivalent packages side by side.

An Internet search will mostly yield outdated information.

It is not reputation...It is fact. This is especially true, as already pointed out in the NYC DMA. And while both DTV and Dish have disputes with program providers, DTV is usually pretty quick to get them settled.

Again, there is no right or wrong choice here, but there are facts to base that choice on.

You keep posting in the faint hope that someone is going to toss you a crumb on this.
1. there are no signs DirecTV will develop a stand-alone 4K DVR. Why would they want to? Their product direction is client server (HS27 etc), to accommodate sat and future IP solutions. Hopefully there will be more timers in the future.
2. "No-one" uses PIP, at least the number is probably too small to be meaningful

For most of DirecTV's customer base, there's nothing wrong with the HS17. Many of the issues posted are not HS17 problems per se, but the growing pains of 4K and in particular HDMI/HDCP. Go back in time and look at the year after HDMI first appeared. Hardly anything seemed to work correctly,

i have 150 timers atm. please tell me how i can do that with an hs17

i have 150 timers atm. please tell me how i can do that with an hs17
I'm sure 150 timers is way more than 99% of Directv customers, otherwise they would have changed the limit. You could delete those timers that are out of season. Of course, if you have many people in your household that wouldn't work. I'm not advocating for the HS17, I don't think it's a well thought out choice, just offering options is all.

Reactions: Jimbo
I'm sure 150 timers is way more than 99% of Directv customers, otherwise they would have changed the limit. You could delete those timers that are out of season. Of course, if you have many people in your household that wouldn't work. I'm not advocating for the HS17, I don't think it's a well thought out choice, just offering options is all.

any user that has 3 dvrs, or 1 genie and 1 dvr has over 100 timers
i would wager its more than 1%
any household with more than 2 people would most likely need more than 100

some people will get a dvr just so their kids dont use their timers, or clutter up their dvr

i see many questions on the directv forums regarding other features people request, but know they will most likely never come. (ex:move timers to new dvrs, or external hard drives to new dvrs) never really worried about these, but some do

Could be more than 1%. I'm just throwing that out there. I have an HR44 and and HR24. I have no where near 100.

but you have the ability for 150

my wife records more than we do for the both of us.

any user that has 3 dvrs, or 1 genie and 1 dvr has over 100 timers
i would wager its more than 1%
any household with more than 2 people would most likely need more than 100

some people will get a dvr just so their kids dont use their timers, or clutter up their dvr

i see many questions on the directv forums regarding other features people request, but know they will most likely never come. (ex:move timers to new dvrs, or external hard drives to new dvrs) never really worried about these, but some do
Your kidding, right ?
I have a Genie and 3 Drs and Never come close to 100 ....
Then again, I don' keep the whole seasons of shows that I don' consider great either .... I leave the ones I Know are coming back next year in the Manage Series section so they automatically pick up next year, but I drop anything that' a Maybe ... this opens more ....
Some of you guys record everything regardless of its anything of inteest . .. I just don't understand that.

Your kidding, right ?
I have a Genie and 3 Drs and Never come close to 100 ....
Then again, I don' keep the whole seasons of shows that I don' consider great either .... I leave the ones I Know are coming back next year in the Manage Series section so they automatically pick up next year, but I drop anything that' a Maybe ... this opens more ....
Some of you guys record everything regardless of its anything of inteest . .. I just don't understand that.

I record anything i plan on watching. just to be able to skip the commercials.
wife does the same.
we have @ 110-120 timers.
some are not recording because they are fall series. or summer

not having to change them between the seasons is a convenience, but one i prefer to have.
when shows are cancelled, the timer is cancelled.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts