Before I Upgrade, Product/Installation Advice Requested

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'd also want to connect it to the home network - that would be another DECA and a power supply as well correct? Would they include that as part of the installation? Plus as I understand it, they also have to install MRV compatible splitters and band stop filters for the HR20's, so this could really add up.

It was included when they installed mine.

Very true - and I think that since I will have 4 DVRs along with 2 HD receivers, I'm going to need the 16 instead of the 8 yes? If DirecTV comes out to perform the service, aren't they still going to charge me for that switch as well?

Thanks again for all of the advice!

Whatever you need in the way of switches, a new dish or adapters will be included in the price you negotiate. That being said I have ordered it twice and both times the SWM 16 was not on the work order so I had to cancel. I'm waiting until they know how to place the orders before I try again.

Whatever you need in the way of switches, a new dish or adapters will be included in the price you negotiate. That being said I have ordered it twice and both times the SWM 16 was not on the work order so I had to cancel. I'm waiting until they know how to place the orders before I try again.

Third time was the charm for me.

Wow - three times? Do you ask to see the work order and inventory before installation and reject them at the door?

Wow - three times? Do you ask to see the work order and inventory before installation and reject them at the door?

I verified what was being installed before they ever attempted.

Jimbo said:
What bugs me most about this type of thing is, trying to take 3 days off work when they decide to come out.

This is why you schedule the appointment for the weekend or for me after 4PM. The 4PM to 8PM appointment makes it so I never have to miss any work.

Well, since the SWM switch will need power, it looks like I'm going to have to call out an electrician to drop an outlet in or next to the patch panel before they come out anyway.

Well, since the SWM switch will need power, it looks like I'm going to have to call out an electrician to drop an outlet in or next to the patch panel before they come out anyway.

Thats the only part about the SWiM that I don't care for, if it also was powered by the recvrs, that would be better.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)