Beginner Needs Help!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Honestly if you are getting the channels right now I'd leave it.

The FSSN is very strong signal (maxes my meter every week) so you should have enough power for it.....the feed comes up 15 minutes before game time so Fridays game is 7:30 CDT feed comes up at 7:15 so I would check it then

Since you've done pretty much everything the only other option is to see what signal quality you get on those other transponders that AC posted

I am using a Coolsat 5000, a 76cm dish, an Invacom QPH-031 LNBF and I am in the Omaha, Nebraska area.
I am picking up the following channels on 91W G17 transponder 12.050 V S/R 13.354 (PowerVu Plus Network) with 76% signal strength and 65-66% Quality:
the coolsat meters are wacky so we can't compare between Coolsat meters and other recievers ;)

If your receiver can detect data signals, you could try these HughesNet satellite internet transponders.
as long as the transponders are DVB it should lock the signals. I know my Pansat 1500 gets hung on them when scanning (it thinks something is there)

Here again is what I have...

36" DIRECTV® Multi-Satellite Dish Antenna for 95°W/101°W
LNB w/feed for 95° & LNBF for 101°
Viewsat Ultra receiver
NO MOTOR

There is a picture I posted a few posts back.

Yeah, I can't get anything more than 25% Quality nomatter what I try. Signal has always been strong (over 80%).

I'm thinking about just going out a getting a new dish setup and be done with it. Should I at least keep the LNB or just get a whole new setup? What should I be looking for to give me the best chance of improving the signal?

Thanks

Stharish,

I would not go buy a new dish or make any changes to your setup just yet.

Wait for the next broadcast game from FSSN and check the signal then. I believe we are all fairly certain that your dish is closely and appropriately aligned to 91W.

I thought that someone mentioned that there would be a broadcast this Friday. Wait until that time and scan for it. Let us see if you can pull it in. If you can, then you can doctor on the dish during the broadcast and determine if the dish needs to be more finely tuned to that transponder.

The FSSN is the channel that you are after, so ignore these others until you check that one. These other channels are simply part of the setup process to ensure that your dish is aligned to the sat within a reasonable proximity.

Just because your signal quality reads low, it does not mean that you are not aligned. As Iceberg mentioned, we cannot compare your receiver's signal display to our receiver's display. The scaling is different. You are able to view certain channels and pull in the audio from some of the encrypted channels, that is about exactly what we are able to do, too.

You might be right on the mark with your dish, so just wait until FSSN begins their broadcast on Friday (I think that is when the next event is to be broadcast) and let's see what you get then.

If nothing comes up that deters me from this subject at that time, I plan to scan and monitor this channel myself. Then I will be able to tell you more about this from my perspective.

Radar

I'm up in the 50 quality range!! I'm not touching anything until Friday night. I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks

the coolsat meters are wacky so we can't compare between Coolsat meters and other recievers ;)/QUOTE]

Ice,

I agree. But, here is something that will make you feel good, since you also use a Coolsat 5000... My SuperBuddy meter agrees with the Coolsat 5K! There is an option to display the STB % Quality of the signal on the SuperBuddy meter, when I select that option and monitor the signal, the Coolsat signal meter agrees with it! I know that I mentioned this before in another post, but I just wanted to reiterate this fact.

This is one of the reasons that I believe that the Coolsat 4K, 5K and 6K receivers are truly great for FTA endeavors. They do exactly what they were designed to do and they do it well! I am very disappointed that they discontinued these models. They could have kept selling these units for years and years!

I think they sort of screwed themselves when they tried to get fancy (with the PVR units) and I think they tried to appeal to the hackers and that was their demise!

Radar

50 on a Viewsat is pretty good for a quality and you're right

If it aint broke....don't screw with it.....yet ;)

Go Sioux!!!

Watching the Sioux beat Michigan Tech with perfect signal!!

I can't thank everyone enough for the help!!!

Watching the Sioux beat Michigan Tech with perfect signal!!

I can't thank everyone enough for the help!!!

I'm showing 87% quality on FSSN. Viewsat Ultra

dang thats good. You are most definitelly locked on the satellite ;)

STHarish,

That is great signal! I am showing 94% here (jumping up to 97 once in a while). Damned good pix, too! Nothing wrong with this signal!

StHarish, I am glad that you pulled it in, at least you know for certain that your dish is on the mark!

Radar

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)