Beginning 5/11/08 No more 24/7 CSRs

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Anyone know what D*'s definition of "general care" is? Cutting back on CSR hours is never a good thing IMO, especially when my cable company has 24/7 CSR hours!

Doesn't do any good to be 24/7 if you dont have enough help to keep up with demand.

I'm up for it if it means hiring CSR's that live in this country (I'm not a direct sub - do they outsource? - Dish sure does).

I "love" that automated voice recogniton program they have.

D Voice: "Please speak the issue you would like to discuss".

Me: Paperless Billing

D Voice: "A snowy picture could be the result of your reciver being turned off. Please be sure to make sure the receiver is plugged in"

When I call D*, I have a favorite word that I use repeatedly.......

REPRESENTATIVE!

Works, too.

Response from my inquiry to DirecTV:

We will be adjusting our hours of operation on May 11th.

We will be available 24/7 to answer technical questions and our automated self-service options (web and phone systems) are also available 24/7.

Since most customers call with billing, account, and installation questions during the day, (ie general care) we are changing our hours and are readying our staffing levels to match that.

Our new hours of operation for non-technical calls are 8:00am to 10:00pm based on the local time of the customer where they receive service.

Hope that helps clarify the upcoming changes.

So Technical Support will still be open, just not the billing / install type department.

Given it says 10pm local time, theoritically EST customers could reach as late as 1am assuming they don't block out the area code or anything. Even later if they keep it open for Hawaii / Alaska time. Not sure if this is the case, just thinking out loud.

I would think they'd set up their call routing so the calls from the time zones where they said they'd be closed would be referred to an 'office closed' recording, else the call centers that are still opened would be overloaded.

Will it keep costs down or will it just serve to line their top exec's pockets?

It will just serve to line the top exec's pockets as all companies when it should go back into the company to make it better.:D:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)