bein Sport HD channel request

Maybe I missed it, but does anyone know whatever happened to there being two channels: beIn 1 and beIn 2? I'm not complaining or anything, but I remember very clearly that when they first announced their new endeavor, it was about two new sports channels, not just one. In fact, when they first turned on the streaming feed during the first two weeks of August, I seem to remember a beIn1 feed and a beIn2 feed. But now everything is just about one channel. I can't imagine providers being terribly excited about carrying two beIn channels, so it makes sense to at least START with just one. And now the beIn website is all about just the one channel. So when did this change in strategy and plans occur? Does anyone know?

BTW, I'm thrilled to be watching beIn on Dish right now!
beIN 2 is just the Spanish version. I'm sure DISH just will SAP the audio so they don't have to carry two separate video feeds.

HD or no, just finally got to see the replay of PSG v. FC Lorient tonight. What an amazing, crazy intense 2nd half. Ibra is astounding and it's going to be nice being able to follow him this year.

Does anyone find it odd that beIN's website still says that Dish carries the HD version?

"Congratulations! beIN SPORT is available on DISH Network channel #408 and HD channel #408"

Yeah, I think Dish made something wrong there, because 871 isn't in Spanish as BeIn Sports says.

If BeIN Sport really paid Dish to carry 2 channels in HD, Dish is very wrong here.

I have it in Spanish, and just some games are in Spanish... all the documentaries and preview shows and all that is still in English.
And 408 also changes to Spanish doing that.

Last edited:
Just got this in my in box.

beIN SPORT STARTS EXCLUSIVE, LIVE TV COVERAGE OF
SPAIN’S LA LIGA SEASON THIS WEEKEND

World-Renowned Real Madrid and Barcelona Resume Their Battle for Dominance
as 2012-2013 Season Kicks-Off

What:

beIN SPORT, the new 24-hour international sports network, will televise live, exclusive coverage of the opening of Spain’s 2012-2013 La Liga soccer season this weekend, Aug. 18-19 on both its English- and Spanish-language channels.

Coverage of the La Liga season kicks-off Saturday at 12:55 p.m. ET with Celta Vigo versus Malaga.

World-renowned powerhouses Real Madrid and Barcelona renew their battle for supremacy this season with back-to-back matches starting at 12:55 p.m. ET on Sunday. First, Real Madrid and mega-star Cristiano Ronaldo shoot it out against Valencia, then Barcelona and Lionel Messi take on Real Sociedad.

When:

Saturday, August 18:

12:00 p.m. ET/9:00 a.m. PT: La Liga launch event
12:55 p.m. ET/9:55 a.m. PT: Celta Vigo vs. Malaga
2:55 p.m. ET/11:55 a.m. PT: Servilla vs. Getafe
4:55 p.m. ET/1:55 p.m. PT: Mallorca vs. Espanyol
Sunday, August 19:

12:00 p.m. ET/9:00 a.m. PT: La Liga Sunday action event
12:55 p.m. ET/9:55 a.m. PT: Real Madrid vs. Valencia
2:55 p.m. ET/11:55 a.m. PT: Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad
4:55 p.m. ET/1:55 p.m. PT: Levante vs. Atletico Madrid
Where:

beIN SPORT can currently be found on:

DIRECTV channels 620 (English-language) and 426 (Spanish)
DISH channels 408 (English) and 871 (Spanish)

Just got in as I was out on vacation this week, while I would love HD, SD looks pretty darn good for SD

Does anyone have the Guide populated with actual BeIN programming info? Is updating the Guide responsibility of the content provider or Dish (in other words, who is actually typing it in)? I am hoping I can avoid creating tens of manual timers.

Well after watching yesterday's kickoff of La Liga, I am really goin to need Dish to ass the HD feed! The channel is great and one of the announcers said that they are working to have online streaming for their subscribers and there will be "good news" for those people who do not have Dish or Direct... Which means they must have some more deals lined up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)