bein Sport HD channel request

Of interest to the biIN Sport Fans...

beIN SPORT NETS TV RIGHTS TO U.S. MEN’S NATIONAL SOCCER TEAM WORLD CUP QUALIFYING AWAY GAMES

New International Sports Channel Now Offers Sports Fans Live U.S. Competition in Addition to Its Exclusive Coverage of European and Latin American Leagues

MIAMI, Aug. 22, 2012 – beIN SPORT, the new independent 24-hour global network dedicated to exclusive coverage of the world’s best international sports, today announced it has secured exclusive rights to televise the away games for the U.S. men’s national soccer team in the qualifying rounds of the 2014 World Cup.

beIN SPORT kicks-off its coverage of the U.S. team’s quest for glory with two CONCACAF World Cup qualifying matches. The first live televised game will feature U.S. versus Jamaica on Sept. 7 from National Stadium in Kingston, Jamaica. The U.S. team will then face off against Antigua & Barbuda Oct. 12 from Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in North Sound, Antigua.

If the U.S. team advances to the next World Cup qualifying round, beIN SPORT will be there to televise the action starting February 2013.

In addition, beIN SPORT has secured exclusive rights to the home and away games of all the other national soccer teams participating in CONCACAF World Cup qualifying competition, except for Mexico.

“By securing these exclusive TV rights, beIN SPORT again shows why it’s the place for U.S. fans to be in the best soccer action in the world,” said Yousef Al Obaidly, managing director of beIN SPORT. “Fans can now cheer on the U.S. men’s team as they compete on the world stage, and they can see it only on beIN SPORT.”

Launched earlier this month, beIN SPORT offers exclusive coverage of the top soccer leagues in both Europe and South America, including Spain’s La Liga, Italy’s Serie A, France’s Ligue Un, South American World Cup Qualifiers and Copa America 2015, as well as many other world-class sporting events.

Curious, why are there two bein Sport channels when they are the same, just one in Spanish? Can't they just have the SAP go to work with the one channel?

Curious, why are there two bein Sport channels when they are the same, just one in Spanish? Can't they just have the SAP go to work with the one channel?
There are actually two different BeIn Sport channels, one for the programming in which BeIn owns English Language USA rights, and another in which BeIn owns Spanish Language USA rights. The two channels do not always show the same programming. Dish is supposed to be uplinking a different channel to Dish Latino on channel 871 - BeIn Sport E (En Espanol). Either they have not gotten around to doing it, or else they are dragging their feet in order to avoid using more bandwidth - a situation only made worse by the Briz-M fiasco.

It doesn't look better than FSC did when it was an SD channel a year ago, or even Setanta. I have a 60" screen, maybe that's why. They all looked like caca.
It looks much better than other SD channels like when Fox Sports shows a Crew game in SD. It isn't great, but there is definitely a difference.

It looks like crap on my 55" plasma. I immediately sent a tweet to @dish to vent my frustration on Sat. Please add me to the request list for the HD feed. I have already liked the other thread.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I've noticed that some of the BeIn Sport games look much worse than other ones, so that might be why there are different opinions on whether or not it looks bad. They must be getting poor feeds of some matches.

And the SD channel that we see on Dish certainly does not ever look remotely as good as FSC-HD...

There are actually two different BeIn Sport channels, one for the programming in which BeIn owns English Language USA rights, and another in which BeIn owns Spanish Language USA rights.

Yes, if you look at the guide on the Bein site, they have different programming. For example the Ligue 1 rights in Spanish is with Univision Deportes Network, but in English is with BeIn. And you can see that BeIn 1 (in English) is supposedly to have Ligue 1 matches on Sunday, and BeIn 2 (Spanish) will have Liga Adelante matches and some from La Liga and Italy, and Univison deportes showing those same French matches but in Spanish... but Dish is doing everything wrong and they have the same channel, so you won't have the Liga Adelante matches on Sunday in BeIn 2 with Dish... you will have Ligue 1.

Last edited:
Yes, if you look at the guide on the Bein site, they have different programming. For example the Ligue 1 rights in Spanish is with Univision Deportes Network, but in English is with BeIn. And you can see that BeIn 1 (in English) is supposedly to have Ligue 1 matches on Sunday, and BeIn 2 (Spanish) will have Liga Adelante matches and some from La Liga and Italy, and Univison deportes showing those same French matches but in Spanish... but Dish is doing everything wrong and they have the same channel, so you won't have the Liga Adelante matches on Sunday in BeIn 2 with Dish... you will have Ligue 1.

Right now, Dish isn't charging money... as of 9/12, one would expect them to get a call from Univision's lawyer...

kstuart said:
Actually it looks better than any SD soccer channel looked on Dish or DirecTV five years ago, so that's definitely not true.

Completely agree. Their SD channel looks very good. I don't have big tv like 55 or 60 big so can't tell but on 47...the quality is good

I'd like to request that BeinSports actually shoot some of the games in true HD instead of badly upconverting PAL SD feeds to HD.
BEinSport ENG (eng)08-23 23-31-24.jpg
Attached is a screenshot from their Galaxy 23 HD mux. It's got to be the worst HD I've ever seen. Only the logo is sharp.

I'd like to request that BeinSports actually shoot some of the games in true HD instead of badly upconverting PAL SD feeds to HD.
It seems likely that some of the leagues that they cover, have games where there are only PAL SD cameras.
Generally, only local companies (Sky in the UK, ESPN in the USA) actually put cameras in the stadium.

The game in that screenshot is just a friendly and it also appears to be from Barca TV which I don't even believe has a HD channel.

I don't know what anyone else thinks but the RAI feed for the Fiorentina Udinese game looks a lot better than beIN crappy SD feed to me.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

I also want to request Bein Sports 2, it's not the same channel. On weekends when most of the live games are, they have different games on both channels, but Dish is only airing Bein 1. It's not the same channel.