bein Sport HD channel request

Well, today there are WC Qualifications, and some games will be only in the Bein Spanish channel, but just for today, that channel will be actually aired, so we won't miss any of those games.

Channel will be 458, AFAIK is only for today, so we can see the games live.

How about the WCQ on Tuesday?

I have a timer to record all new "Soccer". It is an SD channel so it really doesn't take much DVR space. Record to a BeIN folder, check BeIN website to see what actually was on select recording from that day and time and then enjoy BeIN in all it's SD glory, stretched and zoomed.

I have a timer to record all new "Soccer". It is an SD channel so it really doesn't take much DVR space. Record to a BeIN folder, check BeIN website to see what actually was on select recording from that day and time and then enjoy BeIN in all it's SD glory, stretched and zoomed.

Considering that the generic "soccer" programming blocks of time on the Dish on-screen guide frequently do not match beIN's broadcast schedule, this workaround is completely impractical.

hardhead said:
Maybe I wasn't clear--I'm saying that I'm disappointed BeIN is not in HD. I'm happy to hear that E* will pick up Pac-12 in HD, but soccer is more important than college football. DirecTV doesn't even carry Pac-12--but they have BeIN in HD. Dish executive office left me a message today to talk about it after I sent an e-mail. Will report back what I hear when I get back in touch with them later this week.
What is keeping you with Dish? BeIN in HD is the most important thing for you. Just change and be done.

beIN Sport is available in DISH America Gold, America's Top 250, America's Everything Package, DishLATINO Basico, DishLATINO Clasico, DishLATINO Plus, DishLATINO Dos and DishLATINO Max.
Just to clear things up, are there two separate channels for beIN Sport, one with English and one with Spanish (where programming may vary from time to time)? Regardless, is only the Spanish version (whether a Spanish clone of beIN Sport in English or its own separate station) available to DishLatino ... customers?

Thanks.

Zach, Please clarify when BEIN will be offered in HD by DISH. I was told via an online chat with DISH rep back on 8/21 that HD would be offered some time in Sept'12. True?

Thank you
Ken

chat_agent.png
Adrian (ID: GB5): Hi, my name is Adrian (ID: GB5). How may I help you?
chat_agent.png
Adrian (ID: GB5): Hi Ken.
chat_agent.png
Adrian (ID: GB5): How are you today?
chat_enduser_message.png
Ken Fernandez: Hi, I have a question regarding the new Bein Sports network.
chat_enduser_message.png
Ken Fernandez: Will it become a part of my existing Top 250 package?
chat_enduser_message.png
Ken Fernandez: Is there a plan to have it avail in HD also and if not within the top 250, HD elsewhere?
chat_agent.png
Adrian (ID: GB5): Yes, it is available with 250 package.
chat_agent.png
Adrian (ID: GB5): It is available in HD also.
chat_enduser_message.png
Ken Fernandez: It is great to hear it is avail in HD. Will this be within the same Top 250 or will add'l fees to access this?
chat_agent.png
Adrian (ID: GB5): No, there will be no additional cost.
chat_agent.png
Adrian (ID: GB5): Yes, it will be in same Top 250 package.
chat_agent.png
Adrian (ID: GB5): Is there anything else I may assist you with?
chat_enduser_message.png
Ken Fernandez: On what date will HD be avail?
chat_agent.png
Adrian (ID: GB5): It will be available in HD by next month.

Normally csr's don't know that information I think they were just telling you something to make you happy or get you off the chat.

I have not heard any plans to start offering the hd version.

871 is only available on the DishLATINO packages. I do not have any information about this channel becoming available in HD.
Obviously, as an English package subscriber (AT250), I am no longer receiving channel 871. If I were to add the DishLatino Bonus pack to get ESPN Deportes and Fox Sports en Español, would I also get beIN Sport en Español (Ch. 871)? The only reason I would be interested in getting that channel is that there are times according to the beIN Web site when the programming is supposed to be different than on the English beIN Sport. I never found that to be the case while I was receiving channel 871, but regardless, I thought I would ask.

Channel 408 and 871 are the same channel.. the only difference is that 871 has the alternate audio turned on automatically..

Dish does not carry beIN Sport En español or "beIN Ñ.."

Are there plans for Dish to add Bein Español? It took me a bit to figure out that channel 871 is not Bein Español. After going to Bein Sport website I saw the programming schedule which 871 gives is just the English channel with Spanish audio patched in sometimes. I get 871 through the Dish Latino Mas pack.

This isn't specifically about BeIn, but they were rumored to be taking over EPL, so I thought I would bump this here instead of starting a new thread.

http://www.bigapplesoccer.com/business/index.php?article_id=32059

NBC/Universal has won the bid for the English Premier League starting in 2013. This should be good news for Dish soccer fans as all the channels they would air this on (NBC, NBCSports, Universal Sports) are available to Dish subscribers one way or another (as opposed to if BeIn had won and we would need to hope that whatever 2nd or 3rd feed they put games on would end up on Dish somehow).

It also means that Fox Soccer is likely to be re-branded or disappear, right? They will have almost nothing to broadcast next year.

Last edited:
It also means that Fox Soccer is likely to be re-branded or disappear, right? They will have almost nothing to broadcast next year.

Sorry, but you are off the mark on every point.

Fox Soccer has the UEFA Champions League for several years (and the FA Cup), so it will not be disappearing.

NBC will be showing only 6 EPL games a week on their TV channels, but ALL games will be online.

So, unless you are a ManUtd fan, you will probably want to have a good setup connecting some PC or laptop to your TV by August.

Lastly, most of the TV games will be on NBC Sports Network, which is only in the expensive AT250 package on Dish.

So, EPL fans will be watching online in August, not on Dish or any other TV provider...

Sorry, but you are off the mark on every point.

Fox Soccer has the UEFA Champions League for several years (and the FA Cup), so it will not be disappearing.
The current rumors suggest they may rebrand a number of their stations such as Speed and FSC. FSC's value has dropped substantially with the loss of the EPL.

NBC will be showing only 6 EPL games a week on their TV channels, but ALL games will be online.

So, unless you are a ManUtd fan, you will probably want to have a good setup connecting some PC or laptop to your TV by August.
6 games per week isn't an "only" situation. That is comparable to FSC coverage. This will mean the majority of games will be covered. The online portion is to be determined, I believe, as to how you can watch it, ie via subscription to NBC Sports or an online subscription.

Lastly, most of the TV games will be on NBC Sports Network, which is only in the expensive AT250 package on Dish.

So, EPL fans will be watching online in August, not on Dish or any other TV provider...
This is my question, when does that contract get renewed or with Comcast make a pitch to Dish to get it into a lower package.

^^^

Currently fox soccer is also on A250 package...so epl soccer fans on dish will not lose anything.
FSC is currently on Latino Dos which is substantially cheaper than 250. I don't think I will get 250 to watch the EPL. Don't think I can justify the price. Time will tell. NBC Sports has to be getting moved eventually, if not just to the Sports Pack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)