bein Sport HD channel request

It has been uplinked!

But not HD!
Nice catch. Well, it is a start at least. So hopefully it is on Latino Dos automatically. If not, if they put it in the Sports Pack, I'd consider getting it. If it is a la carte, I'd pay a few bucks but not too much, certainly not for SD.

Looks like there is not a big enough audience for it in HD. I am hearing that the HD version of FOX Soccer Channel does not have many viewers.

Well, that is disappointing if it turns out to be SD only. I'll wait and see what happens, but I am really contemplating switching provider at this point. Considering they never upgraded a premium sports channel (FS+) to HD, I would assume they'll keep this one in SD for a long time. Also, almost all TV shows I watch happen to be on AMC. I switched from DirecTV to Dish years ago when I wanted HD-DVR and DTV's model sucked at that time. I am all for loyalty and stuff but in the end I still pay the bill and SD sports channel in 2012 is just not money's worth.

Looks like there is not a big enough audience for it in HD. I am hearing that the HD version of FOX Soccer Channel does not have many viewers.

LOL! Is that what Dish Network think? If so, they don't really know their cutomers then. The Fox Soccer Channel has the Premiere league and ...... stop counting, that's why they do't have many viewers.

LOL! Is that what Dish Network think? If so, they don't really know their cutomers then. The Fox Soccer Channel has the Premiere league and ...... stop counting, that's why they do't have many viewers.
I don't know if that is in context. Scott noted the "HD version" of FSC, not FSC as a whole. I don't know whether there was a specific distinction being made there.

Besides, the Premier League is the league. If you are to show only one league from Europe, that is the one to show.

Scott Greczkowski said:

Then they should use the addition of this in HD as a means of enticing SD subs to upgrade their equipment to HD. If this is anything like Dish's other SD sports broadcasts, it is going to look awful.

Then they should use the addition of this in HD as a means of enticing SD subs to upgrade their equipment to HD. If this is anything like Dish's other SD sports broadcasts, it is going to look awful.
Not if it is on a SD television.

That I don't know.

But I do know that almost every back reports back what people watch, so they do have a very good idea of what people watch and what they don't.

That I don't know.

But I do know that almost every back reports back what people watch, so they do have a very good idea of what people watch and what they don't.

Sad to hear this SD only thing is for real. It is sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy in this case. Dish thinks no one will watch. Some people, however, will be looking to switch to either Dish or Direct to get this channel...and of course now those new subs (maybe not many, but not none either) will most certainly switch to Direct instead of Dish.

Thus: the number of viewers for BeIN will be roughly the same as the number for FSC (in other words, the people who already have Dish and watch soccer and no one new). It didn't have to be that way, but that is certainly the way it will be.

Will it be the same quality as RSN SD feeds?

NESN in SD looked worse than the HD channel (scaled in ANY way) on my 1992 era Sony CRT coming from my 922 TV2 Coax.

Even my 13" kitchen TV on TV2 coax I tune the HD channel because there's a noticeable difference.

You guys are complaining at least we HAVE the channel just wait and see what happens its not the end of the world. What about all the other customers out there that are not getting the channel that love soccer...calm down its only the beginning

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)