bein Sport HD channel request

Well, it's SD on Dish, but will we get the streaming as well, which may look better?

Their website updated and is now much more than a banner.

Yespage said:
Well, it's SD on Dish, but will we get the streaming as well, which may look better?

Their website updated and is now much more than a banner.

It is on 408 and 871.

The PQ on Dish Network in SD Letterboxed is much better than the beinsport.tv stream. The channel bug says "bein HD", so it is sourced from the HD feed. I zoomed it to fill my screen and it is better than the PQ when all TV channels were in SD (as well as being widescreen). (Which is not to say that it is anywheres as good as true HD.)

Time to discount that particular source. ;)

I dont name sources, but the email I got last night was from some guy from a major soccer site. (not anyone at DISH) but he claimed he talked to beIN and DISH and said it was coming.

I then contacted beIN directly and they quickly responded that DIRECTV was the only distributor they currently had. (And again that was directly from beIN.)

I dont name sources, but the email I got last night was from some guy from a major soccer site. (not anyone at DISH) but he claimed he talked to beIN and DISH and said it was coming.

I hope this guy wasn't that guy on BIGSOCCER whose been spinning tales about BeIN bidding on college football and "trading" programming with ESPN...and who tried to get a job at BeIn by cybersquatting on their twitter/facebook names and expecting they would contact him?

I can say without a doubt that the best part of this being partially settled is NEVER having to go back to that forum/thread and waste time on that guys insane ramblings again.

I dont follow any of the soccer forums so I don't know.

But I do know I went over to beIN's facebook page after reading the email this morning and it was plastered with DIRECTV stuff but nothing about DISH, so it added credibility to the email.

I hope this guy wasn't that guy on BIGSOCCER whose been spinning tales about BeIN bidding on college football and "trading" programming with ESPN...and who tried to get a job at BeIn by cybersquatting on their twitter/facebook names and expecting they would contact him?

I can say without a doubt that the best part of this being partially settled is NEVER having to go back to that forum/thread and waste time on that guys insane ramblings again.
My thoughts exactly.. I hope Oliver wasnt behind that email.

Chile v Ecuador now. The quality of the pre-game looks better than Fox Sports MLS SD coverage.

I love that they have added BEIN Sport but why does DISH launch channels in SD when DirecTV launches with the HD stream? Fox Soccer Plus on DISH is still in SD! Does it cost them more to carry the HD feed? SD for sports channels in this day and age is terrible.

We are talking about the Spanish League which hasn't been on Dish since they dropped GolTV. Serie A, Championship, and Ligue Un were on Fox, though mostly on FS+. So, for the most part, these represent leagues that weren't on previously on normal non-premium channels (except Serie A). Dish survived without them, so this isn't exactly surprising. If GolTV wasn't worth it... why are these leagues worth it now, unless beIn is actually paying for carriage.

These are niche leagues, sadly. EPL doesn't garner a lot of viewers, these leagues would be even fewer. Hopefully Dish will get this network, but the idea that Charlies kids don't watch football therefore no one does is a bit of a low shot, seeing that most people don't watch football in America... unless there are a ton of commercial breaks, lots of pads, and only about 12 minutes of action per 60 minutes of official time. :(

WHy are you comparing the two??

Dish and GOL got into over how much it would cost Dish to carry the channel? BeIN will be paying Dish to carry the channel. Has nothing to do with content....

If that's the case, there's a whole lot of Hispanic customers that would love to watch La Liga. And I think Dish would like those customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)