bell 9241 questions for 2 tvs

Mikey11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
canada
can i hookup two tvs with this reciever?

i have this receiver in my living room and want to hookup a second tv in my bedroom....how would i go about doing this?....do i just need an rg6 from the receiver to the bedroom tv?....or do i need an HDMI cable?....can i view different programs on each tv at the same time?

The 9241 does not have TV2 out. It is the same as the Dish ViP612 except Bell removes the OTA tuner too. You would have to watch the same thing on both TVs - via HDMI or component.

The 9241 does not have TV2 out. It is the same as the Dish ViP612 except Bell removes the OTA tuner too. You would have to watch the same thing on both TVs - via HDMI or component.

thank you.....

can you explain this then for me?.....when bell installed this receiver they run TWO rg6 cables to the receiver....both cables go to the dish.....at the dish there are two seperate SW21 switches....each switch has a wire going to 91, and 82, lnbs....

my question is....why does this receiver need the two cables?....or does it?

i want to hookup a second receiver in an upstairs bedroom....can i disconnect one of these wires and use it to feed the upstairs bedroom receiver?.....or do i need to leave this as it is?.....if i leave it as it is i guess i would then need to install a sw44 in place of the two sw21s???

It needs two cables because it has two tuners. Buy a DPP Twin LNB on ebay with a seperator and you can run one line to it. Bell is still using 1996 switches.

The receiver has two tuners in it so you can record one show and watch another or record two shows at once. It only has one output. You can hook up multiple TV's but they all get the same output
The 9242 (I think) has two separate outputs so you can watch two different programs on two TV's at the same time

It needs two cables because it has two tuners. Buy a DPP Twin LNB on ebay with a seperator and you can run one line to it. Bell is still using 1996 switches.

agreed
If you get the DPP Twin then the 9241 only needs one cable to it. Put the separator behind the receievr t "split" the signal to the two tuners then you have room for another receiver without needing archaic switches

thanks....im still not quite understanding....

the dpp twin has a built in switch right?.....but doesnt that mean the 9241 still needs two cables?

DishProPLus allows you to only need one line for a dual tuner reciever so you can run two receivers off of it...regardless of tuners

If its a dual tuner unit, you use a "separator" (not splitter.....it clearly says separator on it) and that gets hooked on the back of the receiver

they are on Ebay. Bell is still using the old setups (like what you have)

Here is what they look like

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 1,053
thanks....

if i did choose to go with a sw44 instead of the dpp twin would i need to power the sw44?....or would it be okay not powered?

It needs power and four lines to it. Skip the SW44.

thanks for the info....i am going the route you suggested with the seperator and dpp twin lnb....will this in any way affect the performance of the current receiver when it is only running on the one cable instead of two?....will i still be able to watch one program and record another one?

it will not affect the performance

yes you can watch one and record another or record 2 shows at same time. DishProPlus is like a crazy bandstacked LNB. The separator allows both tuners to access all the channels

it will not affect the performance

yes you can watch one and record another or record 2 shows at same time. DishProPlus is like a crazy bandstacked LNB. The separator allows both tuners to access all the channels

thanks for the info

no problem
I just got done upgrading my dad's setup to DishPro Plus. Nice to have one line to his 625 (dual tuner dual output DVR) and one to a 322 (same thing but no DVR in it) instead of 4 lines down the wall into the house

Are there any settings in the receiver that I need to change after I install the dpp twin? Or I just plug her back in and it works? I am not familliar with sub receivers, is there a dish settings screen like fta? Lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)