Bell ExpressVu Receiver help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

queentasha

Original poster
Nov 30, 2008
Hi. I was hoping someone can help me. I have Bell ExpressVU with 2 receivers. One has a PVR and one does not. I had the PVR set up in my rec room and the other one set up in our living room. I wanted to move the one from the living room to our guest room, is that possible without a technician coming to do it? Right now, there is a splitter box with cables coming out of Rx1, Rx2, 13V Sat, and 18V Sat. I'm not sure which are inputs and which are outputs (forgive me, I'm new to this). If I were to disconnect one of those cables that presumably goes to the living room and reconnect it directly to the tv in our guest room (which coincidently has the box with the splitter), can I do that? Which cable do I disconnect and do I need to use that specific cable to reconnect to the TV in my guest room? Is it ok to do this myself, or do I need a technician? Thanks for any advice you can give! I've tried moving cables around and I'm not having any luck.

Thanks. I tried disconnecting the cable from Rx2 and connecting to my new tv but it only got a few channels. Do I need to use the coax cable provided by Bell? Do I need to unscrew it from the living room and pull it back through the wall to connect downstairs? I'd tried just screwing one of my own coax cables to Rx2 and I just got a few "welcome to Bell" stations and that was it. Thanks for your help!

I'd tried just screwing one of my own coax cables to Rx2 and I just got a few "welcome to Bell" stations and that was it.

That does not sound right at all. Did you get ALL channels when it was in it's normal location.?

Getting JUST the "Barker" channels is indicative of a none active receiver.

The RX1 through RX4 are all outputs, so connecting to any of these and running a coax to another location will give you access to the full range of Satellite signals from 91 degrees location. If you are using an existing cable, you need to ensure there are NO splitters at all in the circuit, these WILL create problems.

You are connecting the new coax from Rx2 to the receiver right? I'm assuming you are but the way your post reads it sounds like you are connecting from Rx2 right to your new TV.
So it'd be Rx2 (or 3 or 4, should work on any of them) to the receiver which you've moved to the guest room, no splitters and preferably no splices between your main switch and your receiver. Then connect the receiver to the TV. Should have all the channels you subscribe to.

Well spotted Inno, I never read it that way but you could be correct.

The fact that only the FREE channels came in though makes me think its a non-active box.

Oops, sorry for not clarifying. I had tried to connect the cable directly from Rx2 to the receiver. That's when I got the "welcome to Bell' channels and nothing else. The receiver was active a few months ago but we haven't used it in a long time (hence the reason we wanted to move it elsewhere).

So Bell doesn't have special filtered coax cables? I don't have to use the specific cables provided by Bell? If I just plug in to an active receiver, I should get the channels I need with any coax? How would I know if the receiver was active or not? It was active a few months ago when we first got cable but then I unplugged it all so I could remove the TV from the living room and the receiver has just been in a closet for the past two months.

Thanks again for your help!

Any Coax is OK for sat reception, best to use RG6 though as it deals with the frequencies and voltages used much better than old RG59.

When a receiver has been out of the "Datastream" for a while (not connected to the Dish) it will loose its programming, it is just the way it is.

You just call into Bell they will send down a "Hit" to reactivate, or log into the Bell web site find your way to the link to 'Synchronize' your receivers, this will do the same thing.

I should also point out that if you do NOT have the new Smart Card in that receiver you will NOT get your programming back, you need a new Card. If your Card starts with S04***** you need to call Bell and activate the receiver and ask for a new Card.

No filters are used on Bell Coax, it is the Card that determines which programs you receive, it is not the same as cable.

Hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)