Bell with 3rd Party Receiver?

m16

Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
I'm a subscriber to Bell ExpressVu, and I currently run one of their 3100 receivers, but I'd like to add another receiver, a third party one though. Actually more specially a tuner PCI card in a computer to make a dedicated PVR/Media PC.
I'm not planning on doing illegal stuff, and stealing satellite signal, I just want use my own hardware for my second one.

I'm a subscriber to Bell ExpressVu, and I currently run one of their 3100 receivers, but I'd like to add another receiver, a third party one though. Actually more specially a tuner PCI card in a computer to make a dedicated PVR/Media PC.
I'm not planning on doing illegal stuff, and stealing satellite signal, I just want use my own hardware for my second one.

And how do you plan to receive Bell's programming since it's a pay service, using that so called 3rd party receiver (PCI Card) ??

And how do you plan to receive Bell's programming since it's a pay service, using that so called 3rd party receiver (PCI Card) ??

Well that's why I asked. I want to know if it is possible.

That's kind of stupid. I pay for the service, and there is no way I can use it with out their crappy, over priced hardware?

That's kind of stupid. I pay for the service, and there is no way I can use it with out their crappy, over priced hardware?

I smell something funny here.. who else does??

you have to use their box. Its that simple. There is no legal way to use a receiver to see ExpressVu unless its their box.

Last edited:
I think you actually can use one of the DVB PCI cards with a cam add-on board as long as you are using a currently activated smart card.

This is what I have heard but I could be smoking a ton of crack.

Kryspy

On a related note whatever became of DirecTV's announcement last year of a PC card to use with Windows Media Center that would act as an IRD?

I believe that is what the OP had in mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)