OTHER best box

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

3d1r

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 16, 2017
cal
If I use a 26 inch BlueSky dish....I will get some reception,No?? AT least some...?
And there are so many receivers that are built one year and never heard from again...
What is a good recever for C Ku stuff that is under 50$...??I know I will only get RT and Food Network and some other stuff.... It would be good to get some American city news from some big city...LA,NY,Miami..

I don't know, but it is for OTA in other countries only. That is not a Satellite box.

Reactions: Phalaenopsis
If I use a 26 inch BlueSky dish....I will get some reception,No?? AT least some...?
And there are so many receivers that are built one year and never heard from again...
What is a good recever for C Ku stuff that is under 50$...??I know I will only get RT and Food Network and some other stuff.... It would be good to get some American city news from some big city...LA,NY,Miami..

I’d recommend getting a x2 mini for that price point. I never had one though.

Reactions: KE4EST
I ordered a mini. what LNB do I have to have??? I am going to try a 26 inch dish but will get a bigger one if needed.
You will also be able to get the CGTN (China Global Television Network) mux on 95W @ 11780 H 20760. This is a very strong signal which includes two English channels (one news, one documentary) as well as a Chinese, French and Spanish channel. :)

G19 is Ku and C, but what these guys are referring to is Ku. Lots of foreign and religious channels on G19 Ku, and a handful of other stuff on C.
Here is a listing of what is on G19. The first listings are C-band with the 4 digit transponder frequencies. ie. 3740, 3860, etc.

Toward the end the 5 digit numbers are Ku. ie 11442, 12115, etc.

so I can get Galaxy 19 on my old Blue sky dish. ?? Alexander recommended that LNB( Maverick)..that is a KU lnb ,no?? Will that fasten to my old Blue SKY dish without too much trouble....
I would have to get a C lnb for C band..??

That is dish is pretty small so you will most likely not get all channels on G19. Also, I am not familiar enough with that dish to give advice on mounting the LNBF.

Was just looking at pics on the net. You will have to fashion a mount to make it work. Just make sure you measure where the old LNB/tria sits so that you can match the new LNBF. You want to make sure you have the focal point the same. I have modded Wildblue and HughesNet dishes to work in the past and got most of G19. I have yet to encounter an Excede dish. I have seen them, but not had my hands on one.

its been 10 years since I used it and Wild Blue took back the tria so I dont know exactly how it sat on there.
If I get that Maverick LNB ..will it sit on the twin rail...I am good at fabricating so I am sure I can get it to sit but as far as hitting the Dish
correctly I would have to experiment with how I position it on that twin rail.THe dish is 28 inch wide and 26 inch high.Should I aim for the exact middle? I could draw a grid on it and find the exact middle. Is there a bracket you can get that lets you make micro adjustments to the way the LNB sits without remounting the LNB completely??

would you recommend the Maverick LNB or do you know a better one????I saw on ebay a VERY popular universal for 5 bucks..??!!

No real need for universal where you are located.
Of course I recommend the Maverick as I am the one selling them...:D

...but yes, it is a very good LNBF.

Just not many birds that you can receive that would benefit you having a universal. :)

A universal would work though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)