Best Brand of Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bajanmale

Original poster
Dec 25, 2006
What is the best brand of 12ft C-Band dish out of the Sami, Dynasat and Orbitron?

What is the best brand of 12ft C-Band dish out of the Sami, Dynasat and Orbitron?

Considering pulling in dish net 110, 119, 61.5, 121, etc, free to air channels and subscribing with a 4DTV receiver to C-Band programming?

Live in the Caribbean and looking to upgrade.

Considering pulling in dish net 110, 119, 61.5, 121, etc, free to air channels and subscribing with a 4DTV receiver to C-Band programming?

Live in the Caribbean and looking to upgrade.

Dish network does not have much free channels not worth pointing there for me anyway, you may want a 14.5' depending where you are.

You see I'm planning on purchasing a dish. A 12ft Dynasat C-Band dish here is for $2500, most places are selling them at $3000. I found a deal for Orbitron 12ft C-Band dish, the owner is willing to sell with the 4DTV receiver for $4000. It's coming with the jack and the Feedhorn.

I only care to get these channels ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW, TNT, SpikeTV, USA Network, ESPN and Cartoon Network. C-Band Programming Service is very cheap so I'm going in the subscription direction but it seems that channels are leaving C-Band.

You see I'm planning on purchasing a dish. A 12ft Dynasat C-Band dish here is for $2500, most places are selling them at $3000. I found a deal for Orbitron 12ft C-Band dish, the owner is willing to sell with the 4DTV receiver for $4000. It's coming with the jack and the Feedhorn.

I only care to get these channels ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW, TNT, SpikeTV, USA Network, ESPN and Cartoon Network. C-Band Programming Service is very cheap so I'm going in the subscription direction but it seems that channels are leaving C-Band.

Channels are leaving analog, nothing is leaving C-band, ESPN will still be on C-band but you will not be able to subscribe to it, a la carte is also slowly going away, and most channels are in packages now.

I do not know much about the Dynasat dish, a soild 12' would be nice but may cost a lot to be shipped out there, I have seen some nice 24' or 26' Orbitron dishes here locally and they seem to work great but at that size it better :) maybe some others can help you out here but off the head I would think the Orbitron is good, pricey for a used system though, does it have c/ku? is the 4dtv a new dsr 922?

Also those channels are all encrypted on Dish network so there is no point of aiming at those satellites.

Last edited:
Channels are leaving analog, nothing is leaving C-band, ESPN will still be on C-band but you will not be able to subscribe to it, a la carte is also slowly going away, and most channels are in packages now.

I do not know much about the Dynasat dish, a soild 12' would be nice but may cost a lot to be shipped out there, I have seen some nice 24' or 26' Orbitron dishes here locally and they seem to work great but at that size it better :) maybe some others can help you out here but off the head I would think the Orbitron is good, pricey for a used system though, does it have c/ku? is the 4dtv a new dsr 922?

Also those channels are all encrypted on Dish network so there is no point of aiming at those satellites.

It's a dsr 920. C/Ku is the LNBF right? I think I can buy one for the dish.
If the channels are only leaving analog I would be able to get them with a 4dtv dsr 920 right?

Thanks for your help.

It's a dsr 920. C/Ku is the LNBF right? I think I can buy one for the dish.
If the channels are only leaving analog I would be able to get them with a 4dtv dsr 920 right?

Thanks for your help.

I would go for c/ku feedhorn with Norsat or Cal amp lnb's, I am not a fan of lnbf's, also a 922 would be a better investment the 920 can't get all the DCII channel the 922 can.

I would go for c/ku feedhorn with Norsat or Cal amp lnb's, I am not a fan of lnbf's, also a 922 would be a better investment the 920 can't get all the DCII channel the 922 can.

I'll definitely make sure I get a 922, I'm not sure if I can get c/ku feedhorn with Norsat or Cal amp lnb's but I'll ask around. Not sure what are DCII channels but thanks for all your help it’s been greatly appreciated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)