Best Buy H20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nosok12

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
I wanted to buy 2 H20 recievers from best buy. I can get 12% off by using my rewards zone card. Will I still have a lease fee on these? The CSR told me that I wouldn't. I took the HR 20 deal but wanted them to throw in an H20 for free.They won't budge on that counteroffer. Any suggestions?

The CSR told me that I wouldn't.
The salesperson lied through their teeth and you, like so many before you, have been had. Any receiver obtained from BB or CC is a lease (unless someone digs up an old demo unit).

It is important to note that the mirroring fee that you would pay on an owned receiver is replaced by the lease fee on a leased receiver, so the net monthly cost is the same for any receiver above the first.

Would it be better to get the h20's through D* or buy them from best buy? Since I'm a new customer should I hold off on one of the h20's and a month or 2 down the road try to get one for a discount?

If you can wait, it will increase your chances of getting a deal.

The usual amount of time for a sure-fire special deal is six months, making sure your bill is paid on time each month.

However, 6 months is a long time to wait for just a $99 receiver. I bought one at Circuit City.

If you can wait, it will increase your chances of getting a deal.

The usual amount of time for a sure-fire special deal is six months, making sure your bill is paid on time each month.

However, 6 months is a long time to wait for just a $99 receiver. I bought one at Circuit City.
CORRECTION you leased one at CC that was a $99 lease upgrade fee you paid.:)

Are leased receivers listed on our account as leased? I purchased an H20 from Best Buy in January and had it activated. I was told that there was no commitment and nothing on my billing statement says anything about a lease. All it says is additional receiver (twice).

Are leased receivers listed on our account as leased? I purchased an H20 from Best Buy in January and had it activated. I was told that there was no commitment and nothing on my billing statement says anything about a lease. All it says is additional receiver (twice).
If you "bought" after February 2006 you were actually paying a LEASE upgrade fee and with ADVANCED products entering into a 2 year commitment. The only one who can tell you about the information on your account is Directv. Call a few CSRs and see what you get for answers.:):):)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)