Best Western 88 Room DRE setup

You can get an exception to turn proidium off for a sports bar environment

Hmmm interesting that's good to know! That would save a lot of money, though not having set top boxes would present future problems for 4K - I'd basically have to be all or nothing on 4K TVs though if the 4K pro:idiom set tops won't downscale when connected to an HDMI 1.x TV that's the case anyway.

I wonder if Directv would activate a 'DIY' setup or if it has to go through a trained installer? From looking at the manual it is pretty simple so I know I could easily set it up on my own. If Directv won't let me activate it I guess I'd just need to find someone in the area who could complete the final steps for me.

Might have to keep an eye on eBay and see if any really good deals pop up on this stuff...

If ATT planned on a good price for DTV, you’d think they’d stockpile every model of box they had. Build up inventory.

I think they plan to squeeze it dry and replace the satellite model completely.

Hmmm interesting that's good to know! That would save a lot of money, though not having set top boxes would present future problems for 4K - I'd basically have to be all or nothing on 4K TVs though if the 4K pro:idiom set tops won't downscale when connected to an HDMI 1.x TV that's the case anyway.

I wonder if Directv would activate a 'DIY' setup or if it has to go through a trained installer? From looking at the manual it is pretty simple so I know I could easily set it up on my own. If Directv won't let me activate it I guess I'd just need to find someone in the area who could complete the final steps for me.

Might have to keep an eye on eBay and see if any really good deals pop up on this stuff...

Yeah $400-$1200

I got a Com2000” on eBay with 48 channels for $1100.

Guy wanted $1500, low balled him at $1000 and paid $1100.

I used the other Com1000’s as a price comparison.

The guy had no idea it was worth $12,000 as he got it from a storage locker from a retailer that went out of business.

It was active on a dealer Demo account for 3-4 months before they finally shut it down

If ATT planned on a good price for DTV, you’d think they’d stockpile every model of box they had. Build up inventory.

I think they plan to squeeze it dry and replace the satellite model completely.

But why stock up garbage?

H24/H25

HR24/HR54/HR44/Genie2

Genie Mini

I really think they only want back H25, HR54 and Genie2. If it’s not what I just listed, the rest is garbage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)