Best Deal on DTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ilkhoor

Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
I am looking for the best possible deal for Dtv as the new hr-34 looks awesome. I have been a dish customer for a long time and want something different. Is it better to order on Dtv's website or go to somewhere like a Sams club or best buy. My brother has Dtv and I think I can get a referral bonus from him as well. I would be looking at getting 4 HD boxes (only need one dvr). Any help in keeping my cost down would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking for the best possible deal for Dtv as the new hr-34 looks awesome. I have been a dish customer for a long time and want something different. Is it better to order on Dtv's website or go to somewhere like a Sams club or best buy. My brother has Dtv and I think I can get a referral bonus from him as well. I would be looking at getting 4 HD boxes (only need one dvr). Any help in keeping my cost down would be greatly appreciated.

Personally, I would call D* and see what they have to offer you, if you don't like it, look elsewhere.
Claude at Dishstore (member here) also does Directv.
If you don't like what D* tells you the first time, call them back.

Also, IF your going thru D*, make sure you call the referral number, not the normal numbers, or it will be a PITA to get the referral.

And if you're a AAA member you can save an additional $200 on top of the $100 referral but you would have to call the Directv AAA # and sign up thru them....then call the referral and tell them you forgot. I've had three friends go this route plus me and we've all received both discounts.

And if you're a AAA member you can save an additional $200 on top of the $100 referral but you would have to call the Directv AAA # and sign up thru them....then call the referral and tell them you forgot. I've had three friends go this route plus me and we've all received both discounts.

I didn't know they still did the AAA thing.

Think they started that AFTER I signed up.

anyone know exactly what the aaa discount is now? is it 20/month off for 10mo? Then you get the referral discount of 10/month for 10mo, were at 30, and thats 30 off your bill plus whatever the current promo is through dtv right?

anyone know exactly what the aaa discount is now? is it 20/month off for 10mo? Then you get the referral discount of 10/month for 10mo, were at 30, and thats 30 off your bill plus whatever the current promo is through dtv right?

Assuming my AAA club is the same discount as the rest, I use CSAA, it is currently 10$ a month for 20 months.

The referral is 10$ off for 10 months for the new account and 10$ off for 10 months for the referring account.

Assuming my AAA club is the same discount as the rest, I use CSAA, it is currently 10$ a month for 20 months.

The referral is 10$ off for 10 months for the new account and 10$ off for 10 months for the referring account.

And NOTHING for existing accounts, correct ?

And NOTHING for existing accounts, correct ?

Yes and it seems that DTV has wised up to the double discount stuff. Just tried it for my parents new account and was told you only get ONE discount.... Either AAA or referral and NOT both. She line by line reviewed the entire order and when she got to the AAA discount she told me it was one or the other.

Could try Sales Support roulette I guess but not worth the trouble in my opinion.

Yes and it seems that DTV has wised up to the double discount stuff. Just tried it for my parents new account and was told you only get ONE discount.... Either AAA or referral and NOT both. She line by line reviewed the entire order and when she got to the AAA discount she told me it was one or the other.

Could try Sales Support roulette I guess but not worth the trouble in my opinion.

Definitely should try the roulette route. I did and was successful in getting AAA and a referral July 2010 and have had two friends get both by pushing the issue. Took me 10 minutes; my other two friends around 15-20 minutes. To me it's worth it for an extra $200.

I would keep trying, you should be able to get both and YES its worth the trouble, it's $ 100, unless $ 100 isn't worth much to you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts