Best DiSEqC Motor for 90cm dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TRG

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
I have a DMS SG2100 DiSEqC Motor and an Azure Shine (3ABN) dish. This combo worked well for about one month. Then I started getting backlash in the motor. I've gone through the backlash procedure as provided by DMS about every month since then (about 8 times). I'm so fed up with this motor that I ordered a T90 so I could have reliable reception from the five main satellites I watch. I still want a motorized dish to scan the "less frequent" satellites. My question is this. Is there a better, stronger, more robust motor out there? I'm so tired of climbing up on the roof to take the backlash out of this motor.

The SG-2100 is probably the best of the lot. They are all built cheaply but it should handle that 3ABN dish just fine. I"ve had quite a few of the SG-2100's, and they are not all the same, I got some lemons and some good ones. I had a Stab once but it was so slow and wouldn't lift a 1 meter Winegard off the horizon so I don't have much good to say about them. If you really want another motor, I'd try another SG-2100. Do you really have to have your dish on your roof? That's got to be frustrating...all that climbing.

The SG-2100 is probably the best of the lot. They are all built cheaply but it should handle that 3ABN dish just fine. I"ve had quite a few of the SG-2100's, and they are not all the same, I got some lemons and some good ones. I had a Stab once but it was so slow and wouldn't lift a 1 meter Winegard off the horizon so I don't have much good to say about them. If you really want another motor, I'd try another SG-2100. Do you really have to have your dish on your roof? That's got to be frustrating...all that climbing.

I'll contact DMS to see if I can RMA the motor. I bought it back in September of 2007 so it should still be in warranty. If they agree to repair it I'll fix the dish on G10R until its repaired. My T90 should be arriving soon.

The new location for the dish(s) will be on a poll in my backyard. The roof thing is getting real old.

My Stab HH100 ( older model before 3 yr warranty ) was ok for about a year , I don't think I want another one.

I'm willing to try out the New Sadoun Motor DG280 , according to specs it can move + - 80 , which for me would mean roughly 10 west to 170 west easily eventhough I might not have the LOS.

It's suppose to be a workhorse motor which sounds good to me.

My Stab HH100 ( older model before 3 yr warranty ) was ok for about a year , I don't think I want another one.

I'm willing to try out the New Sadoun Motor DG280 , according to specs it can move + - 80 , which for me would mean roughly 10 west to 170 west easily eventhough I might not have the LOS.

It's suppose to be a workhorse motor which sounds good to me.

Stogie did a review on the GS120 from SatelliteAV, it looks like a nice motor and it's zero can be re-set with a paper clip, some of the newer models don't have this nice feature.
The DG-280 looks like a rugged motor also, I would be interested in knowing if zero can be re-set on this motor? Looking at the user manual, it does not have the paper clip feature but does have two buttons that can re-set the satellite list to factory and also re-set zero.......but I am skepical, has anyone actually tried it?

I have a DG240 from Sadoun and its been working flawlessly for 6 months now. Nice and quick and no problems moving my dish.

Powertech DG280 is the best, i have tried all of them, Stab is the worst of them all, Moteck is the second best.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts