Best Dish for RV use with a 722k

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pokerman11

Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
NE ohio
Brand new to dish this week, was directv for 12years. Just got a 722k installed at the house. Works great, and put my slingbox on it (thanks SAteliteguys for the TV 2 IR Conversion Kit )

My question is what Sat dish should we take when we go camping?

I see a lot of 500 dishs on sale with tripods, but do not know if they will work with my 722. Is DISH like DIRECTV when it comes to satellite dishs? - on Directv any received worked with about any satellite, it just limited the channels you could receive.

I don't know which sat dishs work with this 722. I don't need dual receivers going nor even HD as my RV does not have HD tv's in it. Looking for somthing small if possible. I usualy just use a tripod type set up.

Any suggestions?

722K NOT A GOOD IN RV

Its not a good idea to take a 722K in an RV all the road vibration can mess up the hard drive. If you want HD in the RV you can use a 222K. If a you do not need HD you can use a 301. You can buy one on e-bay for a good price.

If I understand the technolgy correctly these 722's use a standard drive like a computer. I will agree that vibrations are an issue, but mostly only when they are powered up. I'm not using my 722 while driving, only parked, should not be any issues.

Or is there somthing else with these 722's I need to worry about?

Been taking DVRs on the road (mostly directv TIVos) for 10 years now.

Last edited:
722 on the road

I have a ViP 622 (same w/ smaller drive) and use it on the road with great results. I agree, no vibration issues unless powered up. As far the antenna goes, I use a single LNB aimed at the 110. This gives me several HD channels, Locals via All American Direct in HD. You could use a Dish 500 (110-119), but it takes a little more time to aim it.

JimK

I use a 211 with a 1000.4 dish. I previously used a dish 500, I find it doesn't take any longer to set up 1000.4 than the 500. The nice this about the 1000.4 is that it breaks down easily for storage.

I have a 1000.2 w/ a 61.5 wing dish at home. At the camper up north, I use a 500 dish for 110, 119. Don't need HD in the camper, so it suits me fine. 500 dish's are easier to point than 1000.4's. Just remember to do a check switch if you have a different dish so you recognize the proper sats where you are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)