Best FEEDs Bird?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

empiretc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
Well, it looks like I am going to stick to a stationary dish. SATAV is taking care of me 110% percent though. I will shop with them again for sure!

Right now I have the dish stationary on 10r and would like to know which bird usually has the best feeds. I would like to hear your input because this will help me decide between multiple LNBs or a second dish.

lyngsat is great for channell lists, but is there anywhere with a list of what channels are available on the feeds?

SBS6/H2 at 74
AMC5 at 79
G11 at 91

are the big 3

thanks Iceberg. i guess i will go with the second dish cuz i don't think i can do amc5 and 10r on a stationary very easy.

BTW, what exactly comes out on the NYN channels?

74 and 79 you might be able to get with a monoblock on one dish, they are spaced at 4deg insted of 5deg but it might be close enough to split the difference. 91 is prob too far off the focus (if aimed at 74/79) to get with any quality, you might get the strong tp's but not all of em.

what would be a good option? i will be getting it (whatever it is) from Satav and appreciate and ideas you guys have to offer.

i currently have the geosatpro 90cm dish. i see a second dish in my future.

I think you ought to get a motor with that second dish. You'll have more fun, believe me . I have two motorized dishes up now, so I can watch TV with one, and blindscan the arc with the other. Busy, busy, busy !!! :)

i am going to wait on the motor. i had one and sent it back. it just wasn't what it should be.

can you run multiple LNBs on the geosatpro dish?

still curious what they show on those New York Network channels.

NYN 4-9 are off track betting. 4-8 are scrambled
NYN2 has a mix of items. news. classic arts, etc
1 & 3 are mainly color bars and sometimes show things like the NY Lottery

anti-monoblock

Unless you have a specific pair of birds, and a known set of hardware, I don't think a monoblock would be suitable.
Of course, if you do, that's another matter.

On this forum, there are just so many home-brew bracket ideas!
I've learned a lot by looking at all the creative ideas shown.
Every one of those multi-lnb brackets gives the user so much more flexibility.

i think i will set a second dish and point it at AMC4. It will probably be there most of the time as I heard FNC was visible again as of yesterday. that, and KUIL-TV.

i will have it located in an easy location to move and mark the other sat locations on the mast. i have a DiSEqC 4x1 Switch that came in the SatAv package so i should be good to go.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)