Best in your opinion true FTA receiver right now

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

syndicate1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Ottawa
I have the azbox receiver but need a 2nd receiver for my basement, but the cost of the azbox is quite a bit.

What box do you guys swear by right now in terms of good GUI and ease of use and fast scan that doesn't cost as much as the azbox but still good to use?

thx

I've been very happy with my Geosatpro 1100c. The GUI are easy to use, blind scan is quick and complete. Has the capability of recording tv onto a usb drive. Short`comings that I can live with. Doesn't have AC3 audio, but you can connect an external decoder for $19, a fix many receivers need. Has some issues controlling an actuator arm for C-band, I am getting help on this from the dealer soon to be resolved. If you don't intend to move a c-band dish this receiver is a good choice, and it is sold by one of our sponsors.
Satellite AV - Free to Air Satellite Equipment Distributors - GEOSATpro, Glorystar 888-483-4673

Jim

If you don't need DVB S2, 4:2:2 and HD, go with the Coolsat 5000/6000, they are cheap to buy and best mpeg2 box for FTA.

For DVB S2 and HD w/o 4:2:2, the Sathawk/Salomend receiver gives the most bang for the buck.

I am in Canada, and just need a 2nd receiver with good blindscan, ac3 audio dvbs2 for less

Get the Sathawk/Salomend from Sadoun then, under $200 for what you want, many satisfied users here, including me;) from Canada.

Sathawk connectors?

Get the Sathawk/Salomend from Sadoun then, under $200 for what you want, many satisfied users here, including me;) from Canada.

I just went to Sadoun website to check out the Sathawk/Solomend receiver, you are right it is a very good price. I have a question conserning the Tv, and VCR connections on the back of the receiver, what are they called. I am familiar with F type connectors as well as RCA connectors for Tv and VCR but not too familiar with those type of connector plugs. Any aswer is greatly appreciated.

avenger

Those are called scart connectors and are used in europe...we don't use them here. I have a solomend and the box has HDMI and Component outputs which support the HD video. Great little box, very quick blindscan and works very well on DVB-S2 as well. For the price you can't go wrong. The video is simply stunning for a mid range box. I have a USB receiver as well and this box blows away my other receiver. Even the lowly 480i feeds are pretty crisp.

I've got my 9200 feeding a NTSC modulator, via the composite video and L+R audio, set to an unused cable channel. Got cable and FTA on every TV in the house.

@Avenger

Arion is right on with his explanation, SCART connections are use in Europe. I believe Sadoun had stated that the newer version he is selling will have no SCART and ethernet port as well as being cheaper.

If you like the AZbox, why not just get the $295 AZbox... that's pretty cheap for something you already know...--Gary

Last week I received Openbox S9 from Sadoun to replace Coolsat 5000. I'm quite happy with it... Fast scanning, HD picture quality very good. I can recommend receiver and seller.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)