Best smartphone out there

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Ok, as I posted in another thread, I am looking at switching providers.

I must have a smartphone, so give it to me. Whats the best one out there. Android, Iphone, Windows?

maxsmart-shoe-phone.jpg
pencil.png

You would probably be better off sticking with a phone that still uses Android OS, particularly if you bought APPs in the Droid market.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

You would probably be better off sticking with a phone that still uses Android OS, particularly if you bought APPs in the Droid market.

Thats a plus as I do have alot of android apps. However, I also have an Ipod Touch and an Ipad, so I have quite a few apps on that platform as well.

I dont have any experience with the new windows OS.

I used to have a berry, and ill admit, I still miss it sometimes...

Well the best phones per network currently is

HTC ThunderBolt, Apple iPhone 4 Samsung Droid Charge, LG Revolution, Motorola Droid X2, Motorola Droid 3, HTC Droid Incredible 2- Verizon

HTC EVO 3D, Motorola Photon 4G-Sprint

HTC Sensation 4G, LG G2X- T-Mobile

Motorola Atrix 4G, Apple iPhone 4, HTC Inspire 4G- AT&T.

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

Last edited:
Thats a plus as I do have alot of android apps. However, I also have an Ipod Touch and an Ipad, so I have quite a few apps on that platform as well.

I used to have a berry, and ill admit, I still miss it sometimes
You're insane. After I dropped my droid in the sink and went back to HIFI's blackberry for that short period of time before I bought my brother's, I thought I would go insane with how slow and limited the blackberry was.

HTC ThunderBolt, Samsung Droid Charge, LG Revolution, Motorola Droid X2, Motorola Droid 3, HTC Droid Incredible 2- Verizon

Motorola Atrix 4G, HTC Inspire 4G- AT&T.

Good list. Alot of HTC phones on there, but ive had bad experience with HTC and reception issues. Has that changed?
In my experience Motorola is the best of the android bunch for reception. BB was the best ive used for that.

msmith198025 said:

I used to have a berry, and ill admit, I still miss it sometimes...

Then you are familiar with both Android and iOS. I guess you can go either way. If you choose ATT, then the iPhone is your best bet. If you go with Verizon or Sprint, then an Android device is probably the best with them.

Improve the keyboard, and I'd stick with the original Motorola Droid any day. Then again, maybe I should go back to my old Palm Treo. Now that was a cool phone. The OS that transcends time, and it just plain worked.

You're insane. After I dropped my droid in the sink and went back to HIFI's blackberry for that short period of time before I bought my brother's, I thought I would go insane with how slow and limited the blackberry was.

That was a pearl. Not a true berry. The curve and the tour (bold) are totally different. Much better.

Improve the keyboard, and I'd stick with the original Motorola Droid any day. Then again, maybe I should go back to my old Palm Treo. Now that was a cool phone. The OS that transcends time, and it just plain worked. :)

I really did like the original droid, but you are correct. They might as well have made it touchscreen only.

msmith198025 said:
Good list. Alot of HTC phones on there, but ive had bad experience with HTC and reception issues. Has that changed?
In my experience Motorola is the best of the android bunch for reception. BB was the best ive used for that.

HTC phones have been great with reception here. Even in areas with little coverage I've never dropped a call.

HTC ThunderBolt, Samsung Droid Charge, LG Revolution, Motorola Droid X2, Motorola Droid 3, HTC Droid Incredible 2- Verizon

Motorola Atrix 4G, HTC Inspire 4G- AT&T.

I would take the Inspire over the Atrix any day of the week. I did not like the Atrix when I had it.

Then you are familiar with both Android and iOS. I guess you can go either way. If you choose ATT, then the iPhone is your best bet. If you go with Verizon or Sprint, then an Android device is probably the best with them.

I like the customization that comes with the android OS, but ill admit, iOS simply works. And in many cases is a smoother experience. Not knocking off on android, my last four phones have been droid based.