Best smartphone out there

msmith198025 said:
Good list. Alot of HTC phones on there, but ive had bad experience with HTC and reception issues. Has that changed?
In my experience Motorola is the best of the android bunch for reception. BB was the best ive used for that.

I would include the iPhone in the ATT list, and maybe the Verizon list

BTW, I will be getting a Galaxy Tablet tomorrow. Getting one for $90. My first steps into Google OS. I believe it has Gingerbread?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
msmith198025 said:
That was a pearl. Not a true berry. The curve and the tour (bold) are totally different. Much better.

Even the Tour and the Bold are crappy phones. Limited apps and slow and buggy as heck.

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

Even the Tour and the Bold are crappy phones. Limited apps and slow and buggy as heck.

Yeah, the tour took forever to boot up, but once it did I didnt have a problem with it. I could get reception darn near anywhere with that thing. And there is still no replacement for BBM.

msmith198025 said:
I like the customization that comes with the android OS, but ill admit, iOS simply works. And in many cases is a smoother experience. Not knocking off on android, my last four phones have been droid based.

That is why I Jailbreak. Get out of that Apple prison.

The biggest thing will be what provider will you choose. If you pick AT&T then you might want to wait as there are a few new ones coming down the road real soon. You could even get your 3D phone that you have always wanted. :D

HTC phones have been great with reception here. Even in areas with little coverage I've never dropped a call.

They do ok I guess but in spotty areas, they havent been nearly as good as others for me.

The biggest thing will be what provider will you choose. If you pick AT&T then you might want to wait as there are a few new ones coming down the road real soon. You could even get your 3D phone that you have always wanted. :D

I wont wait for 3D on a phone for sure. I may go with a 3D tv, but its useless on a phone IMO.

DodgerKing said:
That is also coming from someone that hates Apple. A true unbiased opinion will also list the iPhone with ATT. The fact he left it out shows his bias. Keep in mind that I am no Apple fan at all.

BTW, I will be getting a Galaxy Tablet tomorrow. Getting one for $90

When did I ever say that I hated Apple? There are just better phones spec wise right now. I did add the iPhone to the list. I am sending this post from my iPad.

I also agree that the IPhone is one of the better phones available specs or not. Specs dont always tell the whole story, and some are far too focused on just that at the expense of everything else.

isaacmorseMI said:
When did I ever say that I hated Apple? There are just better phones spec wise right now. I did add the iPhone to the list. I am sending this post from my iPad.

I'm sorry. I was confusing you with someone else. My Apologizes. I'll edit my post.

DodgerKing said:

BTW, I will be getting a Galaxy Tablet tomorrow. Getting one for $90. My first steps into Google OS. I believe it has Gingerbread?

The 7 inch or the 10.1?

DodgerKing said:

Just put it in both lists.

The newer ones are a lot better. I think the Desire is a different phone than the Nexus One.

There are slight differences, but they were similar. I dont think there were huge differences.

That is also coming from someone that hates Apple. A true unbiased opinion will also list the iPhone with ATT. The fact he left it out shows his bias. Keep in mind that I am no Apple fan at all.

For $90???

I used to have a really strong anti-Apple bias, and for the life of me now, I can't even tell you why. I never liked the iPod Touch's interface when it came out, and that - along wth the iPhone's unavailability on VZW - biased me against the iPhone. My experience with the iPad has changed my views, but I am still not convinced, if you handed me a free iPhone 5 tomorrow, that I would be happy with its keyboard.

At the same time, my experience with the iPad has demonstrated clearly to me that the development of iOS apps is generally miles ahead of Android ones. The same companies that have Android and iOS apps, always manage to make the iOS app better. Great example: Facebook for Android sucks big time compared with Facebook for iPhone. (I know this because I have the iPhone app on my iPad, until there is a native ipad app). Same with Foursquare, and several other programs I have explored.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts