Best source for 4K UHD content?

I don't know if there is a difference in quality. I do know that if you 'own' a streaming movie you really don't OWN it. I'll buy a physical copy of a movie or music any day. ;)

You might own the DVD but not the content. If you owned the content then you could make multiple copies of it but since you don't own it the MPAA would frown on that. I hated those commercials that said "Own it today". Yeah right.

This is from Vudu's terms and conditions, which could be concerning:

"VUDU’s authority to provide Content to you is subject to restrictions imposed by the movie
studios and other distributors that make Content available to VUDU (“Content Providers”).
These Content Providers may designate limited periods of time when VUDU is prohibited from
renting, selling and/or streaming certain Content to you, including Content that you have

previously purchased."
Funny, that DVD or BluRay or CD I have in my hand can go in my machine any time I please. :rollingeyes Like I said, you don't own it. You only have the 'right' to watch or listen to it on their terms for as long as they make it available to you. No thanks! :oldno

You might own the DVD but not the content. If you owned the content then you could make multiple copies of it but since you don't own it the MPAA would frown on that. I hated those commercials that said "Own it today". Yeah right.
I don't need to own the content. As long as I physically have the media I can play it any time I please and they can't do a thing. Close enough for me. ;)

Reactions: navychop
I don't need to own the content. As long as I physically have the media I can play it any time I please and they can't do a thing. Close enough for me. ;)

Don't scratch it or you'll have to buy another one......

Reactions: FTA4PA
Don't scratch it or you'll have to buy another one......
Amongst other lies told about BDs when they were just coming out, was that they’d be very susceptible to scratches. In fact, at least two very good coatings came out, making them much less susceptible to scratches than DVDs. There was even one guy who posted a video of himself using steel wool on one, none too gently, and it still played just fine.

I did see the email about that. Will be interesting to see how that works out.

That email was interesting,mine basically told me that Fandango is taking over Vudu and that my movies were not going anywhere they were very
adamant about that,that Vudu and my movies will still be there under their ownership.
I just thought of something I bought several 1080p Blu ray DVDs that came with a digital copy of the movie,so do I own the Blu ray DVD? or the digital copy?
or none of the above.

That email was interesting,mine basically told me that Fandango is taking over Vudu and that my movies were not going anywhere they were very
adamant about that,that Vudu and my movies will still be there under their ownership.
I just thought of something I bought several 1080p Blu ray DVDs that came with a digital copy of the movie,so do I own the Blu ray DVD? or the digital copy?
or none of the above.

None. It's licensed stuff.

Thanks for the tip about linking my Vudu account to Movies Anywhere. I didn't know that was possible.

As far as audio quality, my only 4K UHD TV is in the bedroom and I'm outputting optical audio to a soundbar via Toslink. The audio from Vudu seems very good.
The problem with optical is it won't send Atmos sound. You need HDMI for that one. I learned that the hard way.

• Wow
Reactions: Howard Simmons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts