Best TV I've ever owned

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
My daughter's aging 48" LCD TV finally shot craps a couple of weeks ago. I gave her my 50" LED TV from my bedroom and treated myself to a replacement 43" LG UHD HDR set.

The LG is a 43UN6950ZUA which I picked up from Walmart for $228.

Over the past few weeks I've been slowly integrating the features. The optical output works good with my sound bar. The dual-band wireless capability connects well to my router.

The HDR picture looks fantastic with Netflix and VUDU movies. Upscaling from 1080p blu-rays is outstanding.

Perhaps the nicest feature of this TV is the ability to Airplay video from my iPhone to the TV.

I can't say enough good things about this TV. If you're looking for a reasonably priced mid-size TV, you can't go wrong with this one.

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: FTA4PA
Last tv we bought for the living room was a 4K LG as well and for the most part we have been very pleased. I bought a five year in home warranty for this one since our previous tv lasted only about two years before one of the speakers kicked and then the backlighting failed. Granted it gets used hard in the living room as it is on for a good part of the day between using it as a computer monitor and for tv viewing. :)

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Last tv we bought for the living room was a 4K LG as well and for the most part we have been very pleased. I bought a five year in home warranty for this one since our previous tv lasted only about two years before one of the speakers kicked and then the backlighting failed. Granted it gets used hard in the living room as it is on for a good part of the day between using it as a computer monitor and for tv viewing. :)

I believe my daughter's LCD TV failed because we have an unusual amount of power outages in our town. One day we had 16 (yes, 16) power failures. So I bought a 450VA UPS for her room to protect the TV and her Echo.

I now have 4 UPS systems in the house. Too many sensitive devices to risk it.

Reactions: FTA4PA
I bought a 42" LG 3D tv set in 2013. Two years later, it started failing. Turns out that the led's can short intermittently, and cause the power supply to crowbar, which shuts down. I had to tear the set completely down, and replace the bad led's, which is NOT easy. The lcd screen is about as thick or thin (as you will) as a LEAF, and can very easily be damaged.

I discovered afterwards that it was a common problem, which can be stopped by turning DOWN the brightness control as low as you can go, BUT still clearly see scenes.

In other words, do not have brightness in Torch mode, or above 75%. After replacing the leds, and turning down the brightness control, I haven't had another issue in 5~ years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts