Best way to get DTV on a wall mounted TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Citrus

Original poster
Sep 16, 2009
USA
I just installed a new TV in my kitchen using a wall mount. I would like to have DTV in this room but cant figure out where to place the receiver. I would like to keep all the cables and boxes hidden.

I thought I would be able to somehow strap the DTV receiver to the back of the TV mount using Velcro straps but the HD receiver is too big. This option only seems possible with the smaller SD receivers.

I thought of a few options but I would like to know if they are even possible:

1) Is there a product that will add a small rack to the wall mount for my receiver?

2) Is there a product that can let me share one DTV receiver between two rooms? Something like Rabbit Ears

I just installed a new TV in my kitchen using a wall mount. I would like to have DTV in this room but cant figure out where to place the receiver. I would like to keep all the cables and boxes hidden.

I thought I would be able to somehow strap the DTV receiver to the back of the TV mount using Velcro straps but the HD receiver is too big. This option only seems possible with the smaller SD receivers.

1) Is there a product that will add a small rack to the wall mount for my receiver?

2) Is there a product that can let me share one DTV receiver between two rooms? Something like Rabbit Ears

I don't know about the shelf idea, but there is a remote sending unit that I've tried. X10 - Video Sender - Wireless Cable TV in your Livingroom - $49.99

This product does work - or at least it worked for me.

Mike

1) Here's a sight that has a few component racks. They even have top racks for CRT tube TVs.

audio video component shelves dvd cd players amp vcr shelf

TV top shelf for DVD VCR and center channel speaker

2) As far as sharing one Receiver between two TVs, if you wanted both TVs to have the same show in progress, you could just run a cable from an existing receiver. The outputs are live, just pick the connector/cable type that suits you and run the cable to it. The wireless method above sounds interesting as well and may be less of an eye-sore with its low profile.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)