Best way to get new SD boxes & remotes?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Joe Diamond

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 3, 2004
I have one old RCA & two old Hughes SD boxes running now. The biggest issue is the remotes on all three are worn out to the point where the buttons are unreadable. I have tried getting old but workable used boxes activated but it seems only Access Card Team can make old boxes work.

So how do you get new SD boxes on an old account without the opera of threatening to bail out?

How much can be done on the Directv web site?

DISH will, of course accomplish this but what is the Directv policy on replacement boxes for old SD customers?

Stoneman?

Joe

What models # are the boxes, alot of old rca and old hughe boxes are elliagable for a swap out if they the mpg memory bug. It would be a free swap out to do D11/12 receivers.

That one should be easy I don't know which RCA receivers but Direct went trough swapping most of them not long ago.

However, they can send you new remotes too if they don't want to swap them out.
They might charge you for them though (I think $20 ea) and you can get them on ebay a lot cheaper. (usually half the price or even less).

What models # are the boxes, a lot of old rca and old hughe boxes are elliagable for a swap out if they the mpg memory bug. It would be a free swap out to do D11/12 receivers.

The RCA is a DRD430 RG and the Hughes are SD HBH. I have plenty of older Hughes boxes that were abandoned by customers but CSRs just don't feel comfortable with trying to get them running.

Thanks,

Joe

IR remotes are 15 , RF 25

Cool

You will not need RF remotes BTW as those receivers are not capable of RF.
Also if you have the service protection plan, I am am pretty sure they will send you new remotes for free.

If not, here are 2 brand new remotes for $12.99 w/free shipping from a 99.9% positive feedback seller.
You may be able to find a better price, that was just at the top of the search.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)