Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmc98

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 11, 2005
32.750N 97.488W Fort worth Tx
I am trying to figure out how to install a 6ft bud and not get in trouble with the hoa because the dish is larger then 24 inches in diameter

technically you are covered under FCC OTARD for up to 1m dish (39.6667")

as for the 6 footer....hate to say it but good luck. If they have specific rules then you might be OK. The HOA I live in they said the dish had to be on the edge of roof or on the deck

The 6 footer is on the deck so its my private property :)

I saw this rig a couple of years ago. It was a picnic table, pole through the center, and a big "umbrella" on top.

The "umbrella" was actually a transmission transparent cloth that let the signals right through it. In other words, the dish is under the "umbrella" aimed upwards and the umbrella is actually attached to the dish edge and the lnb enclosure. If you are on your deck, and can put your pole through a picnic table, and then sew up some lightweight cloth in the shape of an umbrella maybe you could fake them out,

Maybe the cloth they sell in the hardware depot stores that blocks out some, but not all of the sun.

Maybe paint the dish a charcoal gray

The best way to not get in trouble with the HOA is to come over to my place and put the dish in my yard! :D

If you know a couple of folks on the board, run it by them and try to convince them of the merits, they may go along with it.

Never lived in a HOA but knew a guy who did. He put up a BUD, the HOA told him to take it down. He appealed and showed them some sort of regulation concerning satellite reception and he got to keep his BUD.

Sorry don't have a copy of the regulations.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)