Best Way To Save Ku and C Satellites Using Diseqc Function?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
I would like to use the Diseqc function for saving the Ku and C satellites. What is the recommended method for doing this. Do I save all the Ku band satellites first, and then come Back and save all the C band satellites... Since the same Diseqc position numbers can be used and assigned for both satellite bands location, would it be wiser and easier to have the Ku and the C band satellites next to each other, instead of being too far apart.

Still having problems with the USALS mode for getting the satellites on the spot, it seems that the GeoSat GS120 is having problems in locking into the exact orbit positions, and that is the main reason for using the Diseqc function.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

After posting yesterday, went and scanned all of the FTA Ku satellites using USALS as well as Diseqc modes.
Having conflicting problems when using the Gbox when scanning for the C band satellites. Used the same position numbers and names for both band. MY REAL Question is: Should I assign the position numbers and names to only one band, and do something different for the other satellite group, in other words, how does the receiver knows the difference between both bands if the same positions and names are use for the two diferent bands.

When scanning with the C dish, the Ku dish was disconnected from the receiver. Any ideas are welcomed.

Thanks.

There are many variables here. Some have to do with how your dishes are wired together, receiver, controllers, switches etc. This determines what options are available to use. You probably have tried to do what most do and use DiSEqC 1.2 for C-Band and USALS for KU. IF I wanted to use just DiSEqC 1.2 for both motors I would probably go even number positions on C-Band and odd on KU, that way the motors would not both respond to a sat position move command.

Reactions: Titanium
The Ku and the C dish are connected thru a Gecen SW-03/P switch when normally connected to the microHD.
At the present the C dish is connected straight to the microhd...Will rework the setup to follow Magic Static suggestion of assigning the even and odd numbers on the different bands.

Will report the results when done with the numbering and renaming of both bands.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)