The Mystery Of The Disappearing NHK World Channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Christopher Cromwell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Lexington, KY.
20140817_202753_resized.jpg For the past several months, I have loved and enjoyed NHK World from Japan on the Galaxy 16 99W Ku Satellite; I watched this channel as much as I could. I even developed a serious crush on Catherine here from NHK World News! Check out this hot cutie, she has the most beautiful long hair! I almost knocked the TV over wanting to give her a big hug. :-D Her english is so perfect, you would think she was from the midwest somewhere all her life.

Wow! Well anyway, last weekend NHK World was barely coming in due to the thick cloud cover and rain storms that were moving through. At one point the signal got garbled so bad and weak from the weather, the picture just froze of distorted graphic pixels as the signal went out completely for the rest of the day. I got busy with other things, and never went back to check on the channel later. This past Friday, I had the day off and turned on the Manhattan receiver expecting NHK World to come in much better on a sunny day, but this time there was no signal at all. I rescanned the satellite, but there was still no NHK World signal. Does anyone know what satellite NHK World moved off to? I thought they used to be on a satellite somewhere in the 30's, did they move back to that original location? Any thoughts would be great, I sure do miss pretty Catherine. :)

Vid. 0102
Audio 0202
Pcr. 0102
On now sitting around the table
Love this channel, wish I could find a Korean channel in English

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'm still not getting anything, even RT channel went off the same time as NHK World did. Both channels used to beam in good and clear, even when it was partly cloudy like it is now. :-(

We had some really bad storms here in West Virginia but this stayed on

62 Quality

My weak spot is Cozi, only get it half the time. Weather doesn't seam to matter

I understand NHK World is also on 58w C band, but about three weeks ago when I tried to pull it in with a micro bud I got nothing, I know it´s possible to get it on a mini bud.
Anyway, I also understand there´s Arirang English IKorean) on that sat-

NHK is coming in here at Q 72 nice and solid. RT as well. Both are on the same TP12040 H 26666.
It is possible that your dish has moved. It doen't take much.

My signal quality at70%, always bump dish to get best Ku signal , doesn't take much to lose & still get C band!

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

dude...please use the thumbnail option instead of full picture. I dont like waiting forever for pictures to load in a thread and if I want to click on the thumbnail to blow it up I would like that option

Reactions: waylew
@N5XZS, I just did another blind scan of the 99W satellite, I don't get NHK World at all. It's as if it was removed. What satellite are you watching it on? What's the freq and symbol rate? I get tons of other channels on this satellite with the max signal strength, so I know it's not an alignment problem.

@N5XZS, that's weird!! That's exactly what I have, but no signal at all, when there used to be. There's no RT channel either, but I get a ton of other channels just fine on the same satellite with max signal strength.

I wonder how it is everyone else can get it on the very same thing, but I can't??!! It was coming in perfect a few weeks before, I didn't touch the dish to mess it up.

Try deleting this transponder and either manually re-enter or blind-scan. Using a PLL or DRO KU LNBF? Maybe frequency drift?

Run a temporary coax straight from the STB to the LNBF. If the transponder comes in, reconnect the current wiring and start checking (by-passing) connectors, switches, barrels and for sharp tight bends in the coax, etc.

You might have some kind oF QRM "radio man noise or mother nature of some kind" you might have to trouble shoot the problem. Good luck and I am sure is kinda strange to have this problem! :(

I'm currently using the Invacom universal LNB. I'm starting to realize what Jorgek told me earlier; perhaps the dish was shifted somehow a few degrees to the west. I am getting channels on satellites that shouldn't be there and vice versa. I deleted all the channels and doing a rescan, nothing is coming in the way it used to. It's such a huge pain now to climb on top of the roof with the receiver, spare TV and everything else, to realign the dish back to true south again. :-/

Status
Please reply by conversation.