The Mystery Of The Disappearing NHK World Channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.
@Titanium, Hey Brian! :) I would have to get back on the internet to check it again. I remember the skew being 3 degrees, I tried to get the little metal bump that's on the underside of the LNB to line up to 0 on the bracket best I could by feel.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

@Titanium, just checked the skew online, it say 3.3 degrees. The LNB should be in that area, I will go back up and check. Do you have any known good verified TP's I can use? :)

I still can't get anything on C-Band 87W. I probably don't have enough dish to bring in C-Band, as the beam comes in near the edge of the dish. I can conclude my experiment is over, it didn't work. My only option left is to put a motor on the big 1.2M dish, but my receiver can't handle two motors at once, and it goes through a switch; so that wouldn't work either. I ended up putting the 87W Ku LNB back on the bracket and dialed it in for max signal. At least I still have some C-Band on 99W to watch, as well as two backup Ku LNB's mounted on the 1.2M dish, in case something happens to the motorized dish this winter. One Ku LNB is pointed at 91W and the other Ku LNB is pointed at 87W. I'll see about putting in extra TP's for each satellite to get more channels. :)

Ok, I was going by the setting in the posted photo. In the photo the skew setting would be around 45 degrees with the fins vertical.

You are setting it correct if the "0" on the scale is near the 6 o'clock position (the bump on the housing).

11 degrees off axis on a 1.2m.... I will give you medal if you can lock 87W! That would be quite the feat! The fattest signal on 87W C-band is 4000 H 29128.

@Titanium, Brian, I have been trying for many weeks to earn that medal, maybe two, for having two C-Band LNB'S on one 1.2M dish; that's a feat in itself! I can easily lock 91W Ku and 87W Ku on the 1.2M dish along with the C-Band in the center, but many people have done that already. At 43% Intensity, and 10% Signal Quality on 4000 H 29127, I'm on the fringe of making it happen. I just need a little more dish with no support brackets in the way. I have tried all of the other smaller easier TP's but nothing comes in on those either; maybe 7-10% Signal Quality. I can't get any other C-Band satellites as both large Titanium LNB's would be in the way of each other or on top of each other; which doesn't work. I can always get another dish, but my wife would kill me and then divorce me. :-(

Reactions: Titanium
@Titanium, Brian, That's what danristheman was suggesting a few weeks ago. I could do that, but with the 99W C-Band beam being so tight and unforgiving on most of the channels, I don't want to lose everything altogether. I spent a better part of a Saturday trying to dial back in 99W C-Band after rotating the LNB the other way, and realigning the heavy dish. The signals kept going in and out due to the changes of the atmosphere. After I finally got the signal the best I could, I locked everything down tight. I really don't want to dick with the alignment on that heavy dish again unless I absolutely had to. :) I can live without a 2nd C-Band satellite feed, I still have 800+ channels to choose from. :-D

Reactions: Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts