BestBuy and Costco to stop selling recievers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Like I've said MANY times, I think you should NOT have a commitment for any equipment you get AFTER your initial 2 year commitment.

Like I've said MANY times, I think you should NOT have a commitment for any equipment you get AFTER your initial 2 year commitment.

I feel slightly different on the issue , I think that it should just be 1 year comitments but only if you get a reduce cost 149/99/0 box.

Lease vs Buy

I alwys tell customers its like getting mag wheels on the leased BMW, you pay extra but you still don't own the car OR the wheels

I think people are moderately familiar with leasing cars. Its leasing the thing that looks like the dvd player its sitting next to that costs more than the dvd player, comes with a 2 year commitment with a $500 early termination fee and that you have to give back at the end thats an issue.

I guess maybe if they spent two hours at the directv dealership explaining the issues, the customer was tuned to car dealers' scamming ways, and there was a residual value of the directv boxes that enabled the customer to buy them at the end for what they were worth, that'd be one thing.

It'd also be pretty interesting if your initial down payment on a car was more than the cost of making the car, as it seems to be in the case of paying $199ish for a directv box at bestbuy or costco when the box only cost $188 to make a year ago. See how that'd work out.

I would have taken the free HR24 upgrade D* offered me last month if it had come without another 2 year commitment. Not that they told me about the commitment when they offered it to me, they were about to ship it out when I thought to ask if it came with a new commitment, at which time they said it did.

So that quality control is really kicking in, eh... ;)

I'd like a pair of HR24's. Probably keep me from having to yell at the tv "HEY! I'm pushing a BUTTON here!" every 15-20 minutes. But no more commitments for me. I'll have to wait until my HR20's throw a rod and hope I get an HR24 as a replacement. But I guess that wont happen until 2015 or so.

I would have taken the free HR24 upgrade D* offered me last month if it had come without another 2 year commitment. Not that they told me about the commitment when they offered it to me, they were about to ship it out when I thought to ask if it came with a new commitment, at which time they said it did.

Why would you expect there to NOT be a commitment ?

As far as the commitments go, I could care less, I'm not going anywhere.
The local cable is lacking and DISH doesn't have my Steelers games.

I dunno, you often say that an existing customer shouldnt be tagged with a commitment and without knowing any better I'd think that I'd only be liable for a commitment if I was a new customer or asking for locking in special pricing.

If I were just the average joe, I wouldnt expect to be locked in for adding a new receiver if I'd been a customer for a while or paying to upgrade one.

Plus I think Toms point was that supposedly everyone is told about the commitment, and he wasnt.

Why would you expect there to NOT be a commitment ?

As far as the commitments go, I could care less, I'm not going anywhere.
The local cable is lacking and DISH doesn't have my Steelers games.

I suspected there was a commitment BECAUSE I read these forums. So I specifically asked about it.

A typical customer would have never suspected it.

I dunno, you often say that an existing customer shouldnt be tagged with a commitment and without knowing any better I'd think that I'd only be liable for a commitment if I was a new customer or asking for locking in special pricing.

If I were just the average joe, I wouldnt expect to be locked in for adding a new receiver if I'd been a customer for a while or paying to upgrade one.

Plus I think Toms point was that supposedly everyone is told about the commitment, and he wasnt.

I suspected there was a commitment BECAUSE I read these forums. So I specifically asked about it.

A typical customer would have never suspected it.

I see what your saying now.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)