BHN wins naming rights for new UCF stadium

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
Orlandosentinel.com is reporting that UCF will hold a press conference to announce their new football stadium (sked to be open in 2007) will be named for Bright House Networks!! stay tuned.

It was all over the 11 o'clock news (EST) last night. 8-8-2006. In fact, today, while walking through the local BHN where I live, everyone was wearing NEW t-shirts boasting the stadium. So it's a definate confirmation.

sorry, i should have posted that as soon as my source confirmed that afternoon. supposedly, there's a whole bunch of perks attached to the naming rights involving ucf football and athletics.......i'm hoping it means we get to see the golden knights football without needing subscriptions!!

slightly, off-topic, a former co-worker of mine and uf alum, is getting very nervous about the gator-ucf game. evidently, some sports scribes are saying there good be a huge upset coming. and although i love the gators, as an FTU (ucf) grad, it would make me very happy!!

haha, I'm a Current Grad Student at UCF (and have got my undergrad from there)...quite excited about the UCF-UF game and UCF's Stadium finally getting a name.

I think an Upset against UF is possible, but, I wouldn't bet the bank on that! If UF's defense doesnt' click and their offense turns the ball over a few times...who knows... I know the UCF players will want nothing more then to proove they are the "real deal" and UF may not plan for the game that much (with "bigger fish" a few weeks away). I'll be at the Swamp either way cheering for the Knights, with 8 of my fellow UCF friends.

Iceturkee, it would be awesome if there really were some additional perks involved in the deal media wise! Maybe the WUCF tv station(right now only available through HD over the air and UCF's on-campus cable) could be added to the channel line up, and the budget could get beefed up to do some live football, basketball and baseball games?? Anyways, just wishful thinking perhaps... but UCF is spending A LOT of money on sports right now, and sooner or later that'll pay off. For brighthouse they have a good opperunity to jump on board early i think, because, if UCF sports "steps it up" over the next few years, they could actually become a team that Orlando can really support. And when it comes to the city of Orlando right now, it's kinda devoid of any real team to support...the magic get a sympathy vote..but....yeah....

hmm, thanks for the info about wucf. that would be nice if it made it to bhn's channel line-up and in hd too.......at least, for sports.

as for the perks, my source promised to check and get back to me. i wouldn't expect to see anything until next year, though!

Two things. first, how much is BHN paying for these rights? Probably a lot more then they would pay for ESPN2HD!! What's up with that?!

As a Gator fan, UCF does make us a bit nervous but it will be our 2nd game and hopefully the butterflys will be out by then. Of course we could be looking ahead to Tennessee.

However, it is the new stadium and facilities that will cause ripples, eventually, in college football in the state. The new on campus stadum means the team will more than likely play in a stadium that is or is close to being full as opposed to that hell hole known as the Citrus Bowl. UCF will be a much easier sell to recruits with the on campus stadium. So while I root for UCF to do well, not so well that they win on 9/9/06. GO GATORS!!

15 million over 15 years!

for those who don't know, ucf's first game at bright house stadium will be against texas in september 2007! and gator, i love them swamp rats but i wouldn't cry big alligator tears if my alma mater pulled the HUGE upset!!

BTW, ice, just read over on www.hdbeat.com that TWC has announced they will carry ESPN2HD and ESPNU, both to start within 30-60 days, but not the NFL Network anytime soon. Given what people say here, that should mean ESPN2HD on BHN soon, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)