BIG 10 is BACK - A Deal Has Been Reached!

I am VERY Happy that BIG 10 is back! And I think its drop and then return are BIG NEWS, but I guess other satellite sites don't thing so. :(

Welcome back BTN! :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
I am VERY Happy that BIG 10 is back! And I think its drop and then return are BIG NEWS, but I guess other satellite sites don't thing so. :(

Welcome back BTN! :D

Were any terms of the deal revealed? Any changes in how Dish carries BTN? I am guessing terms stayed the same due to not seeing the channel in AT250 at a relative's...

Perhaps this will quell the Dish net subs uprising with the agreement made today....until the next dropped channel on Dish, interesting to see down the road what will happen to PAC 12 once they get established on Dish.
Will PAC 12 want a better deal with Dish after a year or two? stay tuned.

cardinalrooter said:
Perhaps this will quell the Dish net subs uprising with the agreement made today....until the next dropped channel on Dish, interesting to see down the road what will happen to PAC 12 once they get established on Dish.
Will PAC 12 want a better deal with Dish after a year or two? stay tuned.

I am sure that all parties involved (regardless of channel or/and provider) will want the best deal. It is business after all; the companies are usually in it to profit.

I agree Scott,it certainly is big news.Anytime Dish can reach an agreement or adds a big time sports channel that is headline news!

They have made multisport a very good value with all the additions this past year.Excluding NY of course.

rdale said:
I contacted BTN and they said since I don't have BTN listed as an add-on that I don't qualify. I explained that I'm in MI, and have Top 200, had it before the blackout, and am watching it on my TV and no reply.

I'm in MI and I have the sports pack as well and BTN to Go still isn't working for me. It's not you. They just haven't gotten it turned back on for Dish customers yet.

as for the BTN2Go not working maybe its something to do with Dish just getting it back?

I just tried here and it worked (and I have Directv)

This is the error everytime I try to access BTN2GO:

Authorization failed user not authorized error.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

BTN2GO appears to be working for DISH subs again. I was able to log in to the BTN2GO app on my iPad this morning and on my PC a few minutes ago. Haven't tried the iPhone app yet, but am assuming I will be able to log in there too.

with this dispute now resolved, i think we can put an label on how long it lasted.

it lasted 3 full weeks, in which one full week had the Big Ten Network blacked out on Dish. they reached an temporary agreement to keep it on an extra two weeks. i kinda figure this channel was gone for good, knowing that Dish and the fact they seem to be in getting into lawsuits left and right these days, especially with Big Ten Networks co-owner Fox Networks suing Dish for features of the Hopper Whole Home DVR.

The whole strategy is mysterious to me. DISH (and BTN as I feel they were equally responsible) managed to irritate everyone in Big Ten country. Dish I know lost a lot of subs and the poor CSRs that work for the proclaimed "worst company to work for in America" had to feel like they were caught in the middle with no hope for satisfying those that called. For those that did stay, they had to give out freebies to keep those that stayed loyal. I just don't understand in the end what any of that bought them. But I guess that's business and somewhere, some bean counters will tell them it was "profitable"... Just glad it's back.

I very glad the channel is back on because they way my Hawkeyes are playing right now the rest of their games will be on BTN. Looking like a 4 win team this year. :(

I was pleasantly surprised. I was still in college when they beat Michigan State with about a second to go on a field goal that came after an onside kick recovery. It was a very similar finish. Fire up Chips!

I remember that game well. We had a friend who started in the secondary for CMU at that time. That was a really good team with Dan LeFevour and Antonio Brown, Frank Zombo, Nick Bellore etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts