BIG 10 is BACK - A Deal Has Been Reached!

osu1991 said:
Autohop isn't used on the BTN channels. They would have to be negotiating for the Fox Network channels to get into autohop discussions.

Correct, I was wondering if fox was using any influence with the lawsuit they have with dish with autohop which I hope does not have any role

KAB said:
You must love conspiracy theory movies.;)

:) I do enjoy a conspiracy movie every now and then :)

But hopefully there not and I hope fox does not play that card through the Big Ten Network... Let's see what happens in the next hour and a half, it's not a channel I watch a ton but michigan does have a couple games on BTN

I've been with Dish since 2000. I never wanted to leave.. but I'm an Illinois native... . if BTN goes away I will be sane and wait a while for a settlement, but if this drags on... now that D* has BBC HD, I would finally be willing to leave. Enough is enough.

Station still up but it could easily be pulled mid morning or dish unlink it etc

Yeah but it's only midnight eastern time. They may be using Dish's time zone out in Colorado. I hope this isn't the case and both sides feel they are close enough to leave the channel up for tomorrow's games while they make it official.

Well short term agreement these days is better then no agreement at all. I see the channel logos are gone this morning for BTN this morning

Well short term agreement these days is better then no agreement at all. I see the channel logos are gone this morning for BTN this morning

Yep, thankfully the channel is still there but the hopper logos are gone. It looks like the two sides may have been close enough to leave the channel up while they finalize the details. I wish they would do this more often in disputes.

king3pj said:
Yep, thankfully the channel is still there but the hopper logos are gone. It looks like the two sides may have been close enough to leave the channel up while they finalize the details. I wish they would do this more often in disputes.

I agree, would be a good thing for sure!

BTN reaches short term agreement but Dispatch demands 450% price increase

The short term agreement will last at least one day.
Here is an article which says that BTN will cover 4 games today on Dish.

http://thegazette.com/2012/09/01/btn-dish-network-reach-temporary-deal/

Meanwhile, the Dispatch group pulled WBNS channel 10 (CBS) in Columbus, Ohio and WTHR channel 13 in Indianapolis.
Sandy from Dish is doing a good job explaining why Dish will not pay the required transmission fee.

Losing channel 10 from 129 does not affect me since I have an outside antenna attached to my 622 receivers.
This is one reason why I will not upgrade to the hopper until DISH releases an OTA module for the hopper.

mike123abc said:
Well that is good news. Dish and Big10 must be close to an agreement or Dish would have refused to carry.

Yeah I will look at it as positive as well, at least it's still on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts