BIG 10 is BACK - A Deal Has Been Reached!

I was wondering why they never added the BTN logo back to the hopper guide but they had the PAC12 logo from day one. Looks like they never had an agreement.

WTH, after last week it sure as hell sounded like an agreement was reached so i went ahewad and pulled the trigger on a 2 Hopper/2 Joey system being installed this morning. A few questions...

1) When does my new 2 year agreement start? After the installer gets here or do I have a few days to "change" my mind?
2) The install is suppose to be from 8-12 this morning. It is now 7:05 and I have yet to hear from the installer to "confirm" what time he will be here. Is it too late to cancel?
3) If I cancel when the installer shows up, how does that effect him? I don't want him to loose money from me canceling as it is not his fault DISH cant get thier SHEET together.

I'd call and tell them to reschedule after a BTN long term agreement is in place. Something significant has changed since you made your choice. $$$ and satisfaction at stake here.

No sports bar has Dish. They would be crazy if they did. Dish's business pacakges are terrible compared to Direct.

Which is crazy. How many eyeballs see "DirectTV" and not "DISH" due to this? Does DISH not see the benefit from MARKET EXPOSURE?

Well DirecTV can't pull in a signal so I am stuck with Dish. Did anyone call for a bill credit and if so, what did they offer. They offered me $5 for 3 months and then $5 for 6 months. Anyone get a better offer? Pretty weak for my third channel interruption in less than 2 years for me when you include the Fox Sports and AMC issue.

BTN has shown that they were willing to work with Dish by keeping the channel up after the contract was out for 2 game weeks in a row. Dish still couldn't compromise. I'm sick of their negotiation tactics.

Another week of this? I don't have anything new to add except that I'm really pissed off right now. Dish, you'd better get this taken care of because you are making every single transaction a stress headache for me. And I'm giving you a lot of money! I'm sure BTN is at fault too, but get this taken care of. I mentioned last week that there were only 3 games on BTN and that next week (now today) was the money game day with 8 games on BTN. I wondered if that would factor into negotiations. But they led us to believe we were safe. I have enough stress in my life (trust me, you don't even want to know!) that I don't need extra weekly stress from my pay TV provider! I'm having a harder and harder time looking myself in the eye and saying that staying with Dish was a good decision. I am a sports fan. I'm glad we have PAC-12. I wish it were in full-time HD. BTN IS full-time HD. And it's much more important to me. I may not live in the B10 footprint, but I was raised there. I don't want your petty disputes to cost me even one game as I try to seek a little relaxation and distraction on my tired weekends! If you get a deal done before game time, Dish, I'll be very happy and stop shopping around the DirecTV web site. But if you cost me my therapeutic recreation one more time, I'm about ready to go with what everyone's been saying: DirecTV is the place for sports fans. And I'm pretty sure that with my programming, I'd even save money to switch!

Which is crazy. How many eyeballs see "DirectTV" and not "DISH" due to this? Does DISH not see the benefit from MARKET EXPOSURE?

Generally the biggest reason is because of Sunday Ticket. Both are very expensive when it comes to public business accounts. A small bar wanting to carry the Sunday Ticket would have to spend up to $999, and they would still have to pay for some basic channels and the ESPN channels and regional sports channels.

Wow what a shame,seemed like this had been resolved.I hope it's settled very very soon.I had speculated that they might add Pac12 and drop BTN was hoping I was wrong but the things that make you go hmmm.

What I have found so disappointing is that Dish's Facebook page has been insulting to the Big10 fans. Condescension and pandering are not a good PR move. Disrespect and insult do not heal wounds or rebuild burnt bridges. I guess we are having lunch out at BW's (as much as I like them it is not the same as yelling at my own TV) and I will have to look at getting another provider. So Far I have spent 15min on hold with Dish to find out about my billing. What a FARCE!

UPDATE: They offered me $5 a month discount for the loss of Big10. Then the lady started spouting off the corp. %#@$ that they are supposed to say. I am getting really tired of this. If the DISH people are looking at all of this you may want to understand that getting FED UP.

I hope that the people at the DIRECT TV forums here on SatelliteGuys are as nice as the members on the Dish Forums. My gut is telling me that we will have to change providers to get the programming we want. (I was just told that the other members of the house "...don't like this. I don't want to have to learn new numbers!")

Last edited:
ho, ho, ho! who consider that the people of BTN are saints and dish is the devil? for me, dish and btn, including AMC, all can go to hell 'cause they're all devils fighting a la supernatural! none of them are thinking about the humans that are paying their miserable salaries! i better stand back and let them fight until one of them are forced to serve as the slave! at the end, all of the subs are their slaves!

..and thank you for expressing your thoughts on the subject Mr. Manson. Helter Skelter to ya. :hatsoff:

Big Ten is inferior football. They are asking for way too much money for an inferior product. They have an inflated opinion of the quality of their product. I am 100% behind dish network in this.

This is ridiculous. They announced last week that they had reached an agreement, and now they pull it at the last minute without warning? I signed a 2-year agreement with Dish 2 months ago, and I never would have done that if I knew BTN was going to be dropped.

JTBenson said:
Big Ten is inferior football. They are asking for way too much money for an inferior product. They have an inflated opinion of the quality of their product. I am 100% behind dish network in this.

I agree JT. B10 is owned by Fox. That should tell you everything. If the rumors are true that fox wanted b10 in the lower tier where it would cost Dish millions more thus costing every subscriber of dish more then I am supporting dish in this one.

I will miss some games but the more important games will be on locals and other channels so not worth switching right now.

Last edited:
This is ridiculous. They announced last week that they had reached an agreement, and now they pull it at the last minute without warning? I signed a 2-year agreement with Dish 2 months ago, and I never would have done that if I knew BTN was going to be dropped.

I don't think it was ever said that the agreement was long term. Everything that I had heard from Dish was that it was another short term agreement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts